[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a list of things I need to read before I take this on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 111.jpg (33 KB, 261x392) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
33 KB, 261x392
Is there a list of things I need to read before I take this on?
>>
All of it
>>
Literally everything
Also become fluent in French, German, Arabic, and Old English
>>
>>7706945
the entire western canon
>>
Nobody actually gets the book, just read it and have fun
>>
>>7706945
Try it first. If you enjoy it and want to keep reading after a few dozen pages, you're good. Otherwise read his other works first, in ascending difficulty
>>
...Anonymous
02/16/16(Tue)22:24:40 No.7706507
First: you are going to have to learn Greek. I reccomend taking a native speaking lover.
Then:get in shape. Master cleanse hot yoga and run a couple 5k's.
Try to volunteer at a hospital or soup kitchen. If you are into Ayn Rand, serve in the military.
Raise a puppy and snap its neck when you have house trained it.
Go in a safari or become a bufighter. Drink absinthe and SlimFast.
You should buy a rice cooker and a garlic press. If you aren't vaccinated and circimsized , get on that...
>>
>>7706964
Right on all accounts except for circumcision

Joyce had an eye patch and so should your cock
>>
>>
>>7706945
Just read Joyce's three other major books beforehand and it'll be manageable so long as you pace yourself and are comfortable with the idea that it's not meant to be read or understood like a conventional book.
>>
>>7706959
did joyce read the western canon tho?
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>7706980
Duly noted
>>
File: image.jpg (805 KB, 1536x1102) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
805 KB, 1536x1102
http://youtu.be/7o7Gqc6kv0Y
>>
I wish McKenna had done a lecture on the psychological distortions of 'As You Like It'.

If you think about it, it's always being played as low comedy, even low gender comedy a la Bugs Bunny. It would be fantastic if the play were produced in a woolier form.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 528x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 528x720
I suppose the Wachowskis are talented enough to produce 'As You Like It' but it would probably wind up as a queer mess.
>>
>>7706996
he wrote the western canon
>>
>>7706996
>did
>the
>guy
>who
>invented
>college
>go
>to
>college
>hmm?
>ok
>>
Nothing. There's no reason to try and understand any of it, especially since you'll just look everything up anyway
>>
If there's any single person that understands every reference in Finnegan's Wake, without looking them up, they have probably wasted their life.
>>
>>7706996
Yes.
>>
>>7707877
This tbqhwy familia
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.