[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is the richard linklater of /lit/? other than james joyce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 8662_5.jpg (51 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
8662_5.jpg
51 KB, 728x409
who is the richard linklater of /lit/?
other than james joyce
>>
>>7706315
tao lin or DFW. banal anti-art disconnected from the spiritual wealth of the cannon and european culture
>>
>>7706319
a good try but inaccurate. linklater is neither anti-art nor disconnected from the european canon. his films are overwhelmingly european in style
>>
Ayn Rand, DFW,Nitszche Joyce, the Greeks and the other memes that /lit/ knows.
>>
IT
>>
>>7706315
what other movies are like that one? i had a lot of fun watching it.
>>
TOOK
>>
SOME
>>
>>7706364
dazed and confused, the three sunrise movies, and waking life
>>
>>7706328
Linklater is not a Christian, nor does he celebrate volkisch ideals. a decadent and a jewish filmaker
>>
>>7706376
he actually is christian and a texan
>>
>>
>>7706398
IT WAS ME JAMES
>>
Sunset > Sunrise >>>>>>> Midnight
>>
>>7706315
I can't believe you're comparing Linklater to Joyce. You're being disingenuous, right?
>>
>>7706640
>Midnight not the best
Sup underage.
>>
>>7706669
mostly

though slacker is based loosely on ulysses and i think linklater and joyce have a similar humanism and desire to show the humor and beauty of everyday life so overlooked
>>
Rare Marquis de Sade, dude
>>
>>7706683
>whaah I'm old and everything sucks
though props for making me super fucking uncomfortable during the entire argument scene
>>
>>7706684
also the allusions.
>>
>>7706376
nice, i lol'd
>>
File: tfw.png (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
23 KB, 800x800
>watched Boyhood
>hated it, thought Linklater is a hack
>watched D&C, Before series, Slacker, his animation films
>he's my favorite director now

Who else /feelguilty/ here?

Also, his biography is quite literary, especially the oil rig part.
>>
>>7708209
Boyhood was a cool experiment that didn't really work on a structure level but was made worse by the annoying ass kid in the lead role. By the end of the film the actor was unbearable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.