[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIchard Farina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: richard farina.jpg (59 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
richard farina.jpg
59 KB, 480x640
Everyone talks about Pynchon, but no love for Farina?
>>
>>7704879
I read that a couple of months ago. It was fun but the very definition of a period piece. He might've been a more significant author if he'd lived longer, but he died before he put out anything that great.
>>
nobody talks about farina without talking about pynchon
>>
File: mimi-richard.jpg (68 KB, 730x490) Image search: [Google]
mimi-richard.jpg
68 KB, 730x490
I love Farina!

Celebrations for a Grey Day and Reflections in a Crystal Wind are great albums, he even did the whole electric folk thing before Dylan on Reno Nevada!

His writing is great too. I read Been Down So Long often, (the film sucks!) and the short stories and poetry of his I've managed a hold of have all been great. I'm sure he could have written an absolute masterpiece if he'd stuck around longer.

If you're a Farina fan I reccomend you read "Positively 4th Street: The Life and TImes of Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Richard & Mimi Farina". Very lovable guy with a real enthusiasm for life.
>>
File: richard-grave.jpg (28 KB, 287x215) Image search: [Google]
richard-grave.jpg
28 KB, 287x215
>tfw farina lost his exemption and the monkey demon got the best of him
>>
>>7705010
Just like Pappadopoulis.
>>
great title but anything with the whiff of pynchon taints it as pleb lelsorandumXD shit to me.
>>
>>7704879
Best title ever desu
>>
>>7705029
pleb lelsoseriousDX detected.
>>
>>7705024
I always read the ending as more of a kind of melancholy second chance.

Bump bump bump,
down the funny stairs.

Paps back on the road, vying never to lose his exemption again.
>>
Bad-ass tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZwRyodoPV4
>>
>>7705052
The whole thing seemed like a late 50s-era send-up/pastiche of a Greek tragedy on a school campus, so I'd say there's no room for second chances.
>>
>>7705111
Well not so much a second chance, - Paps is almost damned in the end, dips his foot in the pool of trust and a hand tries to pull him down to a watery grave - but an escape into exile. A second chance only in keeping ahead of his fate.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.