[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about these books? Should I buy them all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 140x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 140x144
What does /lit/ think about these books? Should I buy them all or are they shitty as fuck?
Dubliners
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Ulysses
Finnegans Wake
>>
>or are they shitty as fuck
Why would you phrase this so awkwardly
>>
shitty as fuck
>>
>shitty as fuck
>>
>>7703703
>>7703706
>>7703715
t. shitty as fuck people
>>
>>7703694

You don't sound ready for Joyce.
>>
>>7703694
I read a brief bit of Ulysses. Don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>7703694
What the fuck does shitty as fuck mean?

Shitty as fuck? What is that? Are you bad at sex? Is that why fuck is shitty to you? What is this postmodern madness
>>
>>7703694
>shitty as[s] fuck

You cheeky devil.
>>
Were Finnegan's Wake or Ulysses the early 20th century novel equivalent of slice of life?
>>
>>7704237
Shitty ass fuck
>>
>>7704393
>Finnegan's
>>
SHITTY AS FUCK
>>
>>7704565

Are you really going to get autistic about an apostrophe?
>>
>>7704740
Yes.

I-It's the only way I can get people to notice me. ;_;
>>
I haven't read it. Thanks for ask.
>>
>>7704740
considering only people who are plebs/haven't read the book use the ', yea, why not get autistic about it

the omission of the apostrophe was very deliberate and communicates volumes about how the book is to be approached. it's not a trivial detail.
>>
>>7704757
autism
>>
>>7704769
>i'm a pleb
>>
>>7703694
Ah, this is a very Joycesque post, good job. All these plebs ITT thinking you were serious lmao
>>
>>7704757

Okay then, if the omission of the apostrophe is meaningful and deliberate, how many Finnegans are waking?

>>7704742
I would've noticed you either way.
>>
Definitely dubliners and portrait. Ulysses is best if you have read portrait, hamlet, the odyssey. Finnegans wake is unreadable.
>>
>>7705202
Dude it's like... we ARE the finnegans, or something...
>>
>>7703694

I'm saving Ulysses and Finnegan for later, maybe in my 30s or 40s. But Dubliners and Portrait of the Artist are beautiful books.

Portrait of the Artist has these flashes of intensely beautiful prose, it's a delightful book.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.