[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"He can’t think, he can’t write. There’s no discernible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (596 KB, 1600x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
596 KB, 1600x1050
>"He can’t think, he can’t write. There’s no discernible talent.”

What did he mean by this?
>>
>buttblasted pedophile smears actually relevant authors
>>
File: overpowered.png (43 KB, 873x275) Image search: [Google]
overpowered.png
43 KB, 873x275
>>
>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>tfw noticing your fellow readers grow up, you know what he means too well
>>
File: Olivier.jpg (8 KB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
Olivier.jpg
8 KB, 300x173
>>7703491
It means that he has no taste.
>>
Oh Bloom how I've longed for you to return to this board and grace us with your presence. <3
>>
>>7703746
Bloom's review of Harry Potter may be full of shit, but this line is gold
>>
>>7703498
>tfw you will never write as well as that
>tfw it's not even well-written
>>
>>7703498
DFW is awful. Thank god he chose infinite rest.
>>
>>7703491
It means he had his feelings hurt when DFW called his writing 'turgid', and that was coming from DFW.

I read Infinite Jest and I think DFW sucks, he could have written the 20th century's conspiracy novel, but instead he wasted his talent on coping with ennui.
>>
Means that he's a narcissist, and anything that doesn't sound remotely like Greek lit is a failure
>>
>>7705113
Wrong! Bloom advocates the reading of Latin American and Black American literature, which are stylistically very unlike Greek literature. In addition, he recommends a few Japanese writers, who are completely unlike Greek writers!
>>
>>7705169
BTFO, dfw cocksuckers on suicide watch
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.