[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friend did this poem.. made me think what would you tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: ngbbs509893de6504c.jpg (183 KB, 720x471) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs509893de6504c.jpg
183 KB, 720x471
friend did this poem..

made me think

what would you tell your younger self if you could?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyTB-TQ73Ag
>>
maybe i should answer my own question

i think id tell my younger self to

stay in school

dont do drugs

wear condoms

stay away from anons

but uh

thats no fun.

so fuck it.

do moar of everything younger me.

moar
>>
>>7702223
Stop trying to be happy you little shit. You're making yourself miserable.
>>
>>7702276
fuck. that is deep
>>
>>7702276
listen to this hack
>>7702294
look at this sap, falling for that hack's gag
>>
>>7702305
pure poetry dude
>>
File: pepe3.png (15 KB, 469x331) Image search: [Google]
pepe3.png
15 KB, 469x331
Another Finest Quality Thread on /lit/
>>
its not too late to turn it around
>>
File: t36f6d8_WiODG.jpg (27 KB, 461x343) Image search: [Google]
t36f6d8_WiODG.jpg
27 KB, 461x343
OP here oh fuck it.
>>
I would laugh at him.
>>
I would now tell him to not create this thread.

also spiderman.
>>
Depends on how old I was.
I don't think I would really say anything too interesting, I figure a lot of my shit out on my own.
I guess I would say: Try to understand two things, 1. Intelligence is the greatest divider of people and 2. there's nothing you can do about that. I'd tell me I shouldn't expect mom or dad to play any more of a role they are now, things won't get better in that regard; you shouldn't hate them though, just go along with it.
Just write and read a lot more. You'll get better.
>>
>>7702536
>Intelligence is the greatest divider of people
this is wrong, it's actually culture
>>
>>7702565

“What civilization is is 6 billion people trying to make themselves happy by standing on each other’s shoulders and kicking each other’s teeth in. It’s not a pleasant situation. And yet you can stand back and look at this planet and see that we have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love, and the community to produce a kind of human paradise.”

— Terence McKenna
>>
>>7702791
from uh, Culture is not your friend
>>
>>7702223
Slam poets should be shot.
>>
>>7702791

So living a good life is letting someone kick you in the teeth and not worry as you're shifted to the bottom of the pile. Or is it kicking enough people in the teeth to get somewhere and say you mattered.
Because the teeth kicking is too fun to stop.
>>
>>7705693
This
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.