[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MC personality bases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Copper knight.jpg (132 KB, 605x807) Image search: [Google]
Copper knight.jpg
132 KB, 605x807
Hey \lit\ I wanna ask which of these personalities you like the most if any as a novel's main characters. If you want, just tell me what kind of main character you like in the books you read.

These are not full on character descriptions, just small snipets explaining the overall feel of some characters I've thought up.

Fantasy martial arts setting
>Socially inpet (for an understandable reason, not just "lol shy nice guy gamer")
>Will of iron
>Fast learner
>Diligent
>Formerly blind and disabled
>No sense of purpose past his current goal

Fantasy setting
>Cheerful but down to earth
>Respectful/seen by many as a role model or guide
>Devoted to his underlings
>Self providing (has lived completely alone since childhood)
>Strict morals
>Overall blunt

Modern fantasy setting
>Quiet and reserved
>Keeps calm at nearly all times
>\lit\
>Unforgiving
>Doesn't care much for making friends, only the "work" he does

Fictional modern setting (boxing)
>Quiet but extremely assertive
>Master strategist
>Relatively short temper
>Father figure to his much younger sister
>Feels heavily obligated to return any help he recieves
>Doesn't understand the majority of women (As in he thinks their way of thinking is confusing as fuck/unreasonable)

If you actually read all of that, thank you. I know almost all of you are going to shit on me, but I'd expect that from 4chan.

They're all white males btw :^]
>>
All of those can work where they are, as long as they're adequately developed.
>>
>>7700941
write a story and write characters, don't write tropes. make them people, you've got stereotypes
>>
>>7701117
Alright. Tyvm

>>7701135
Thanks. I actually already have the characters and the stories in my head besides the last one. All I need to do is write them. My main computer broke though so I've only been able to write 130 pages for my first book, which is the first character listed
>>
>>7701117
Forgot to ask this:

I don't want good advice to go to waste from a misunderstanding, so I must ask what you mean by that. You're saying the character should not initially have the traits I listed, but slowly gain them?
>>
>>7701310
No, you show them as they are but also give indications as to why they're like that, that means knowing their backstory, and as they story goes on you can show the outcome of their actions as they are..
>>
>>7701416
Ah right right. Thought I was missing something. Thanks for your time anon
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.