[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worried book is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: photo_1454125504818.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
photo_1454125504818.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Started writing. Post book online. Book has a few regular readers. Worry book is just more YA bullshit.

What do I do?
>>
>>7700274
fuck tyour mother
>>
Should I even be worrying about this?
>>
>>7700274
Post an excerpt here and I'll tell you if it's YA bullshit or not.
>>
>>7700297
Oh jeez, here it goes I guess...

"Let down here." Griffon pointed to a large rock formation a little ways off. He flew down, landed softly on top of it, and began unpacking things from his shoulder bag. Tava landed next to him and rested Caleb's body on the ground. The boy let out an agonized moan and writhed on the ground.

"Don't touch it," Griffon said. "Sit up. We need to keep it from spreading. Take this and bite down, it's going to hurt. Tava, Gabriel, hold him down." He handed Caleb a piece of cloth to stuff in his mouth and the boy clutched it in his hand instead. Griffon fished a spare cloak from his bag and began tearing a strip from it with his sword.

"It hurts, please--"

Griffon looped the strip of cloth tight around the stump and an almighty shriek ripped the air so loud it nearly punctured his eardrums. Griffon winced. He threaded the handle of the sword through a loop in the cloth and twisted until most of the blood stopped. Caleb's screams dimmed, then reduced to moans. Griffon tied his legs together.

"Am I going to die?" Caleb asked in a weak voice. Griffon stayed silent and kept binding the boy's legs so he'd be easier to carry.
>>
For reference, no, said character does not survive his injuries.
>>
>>7700323
>>7700331
It seems like you're trying for a "gritty" fantasy story but from names like "Griffon" alone it seems like there's a YAish sensibility to your writing. I'm not really a fan of "adult" fantasy, fantasy in general, or YA so I don't think one is better than the other.
>>
>>7700344
This is entirely possible. I just don't want the same YA book as 50 other books but then again you probs can't tell that from an excerpt
>>
>>7700323
I have no idea what they're flying on or what he's afflicted with, so I made up details. I also hate the name Caleb, so tough.

"There! Land there!" he shouted over the wind. Griff pointed to an outcrop of rocks on the hillside. The lion circled the point, breaking speed until it could touch ground. Griff rifled through his bag while Tava and Gabriel set down next to him. Gabriel scanned the skies, searching for their persuers.

Tor groaned as Tava hefted him to a clearing. "I'm going to die," he muttered weakly. Griff slid to his knees, looking down at him. "Griff, please." His face was already so pale, his voice so weak. Tor struggled, twisting on the ground.

Griff shouted at Gabe to come over. "Hold him down. Hold him tight." He tore his cloak into strips, dark green dressings, and wrapped the wound where his forearm had been. The boy yelped at Gabe for relief. Griff cut Tor's sword belt free. "Look at me. Tor, look at me." The lad's cheeks were puffy and ruddy from the tears. "Bite down on the cloth; it'll all be over soon," he lied. Griff wrapped the belt above the wound, tightening as Tor screamed into the strap. Tava covered his mouth; sound carried in this wind and they were far too exposed. Tor kicked and screamed while tears streamed down his face. He watched the sky, trying to shut out the pain and forget himself.
>>
if >>7700323 is what you're starting with plagiarize >>7700553 verbatim and rewrite everything else so that it fits.

oh, and your names kinda condemn it to ya.
>>
>>7700756
I'm extremely flattered, though please don't make millions off of me. :/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.