[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw can't read anymore Last year I got back into reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: delilo.jpg (1 MB, 1500x962) Image search: [Google]
delilo.jpg
1 MB, 1500x962
>tfw can't read anymore

Last year I got back into reading and got particularly good at comprehension for about three months when I had no tv or internet (I am NEET and have no source of income so it was out of my control)

Within weeks of these things, Internet specifically, coming back into my life I stopped reading at all and everytime I try and read now my mind begins to wander and I never finish anything. Is there any way to reverse this that doesn't include going back to hermit mode?
>>
It's hard to get off the internet once you're on it, but it's easier to resist getting on it until you got your shit done.

I generally spend my mornings doing 'useful' stuff and my afternoon doing frivolous stuff. So I get up early, shower, make breakfast, walk 10km, read some philosophy or other non-fiction, maybe meditate and do chores until lunch. After lunch I'm 'free' and just fuck around and do as I please, shitpost, maybe take a nap and such but I generally don't turn my computer on until that point.

Today I did turn it on to listen to some music while cleaning and here I am on 4chan when I should be out looking at birds and stuff, so I fucked up.
>>
someone post the avid reader.txt pls
>>
then stop reading.
>>
>>7699331
You're still 'reading' on the internet, only you read sporadically, like, f.x., I didn't read half of your text.

You just have to remind yourself that you are reading a book differently from something on the interwebz
>>
''If entertainment becomes even more sophisticated i'll have to move to another planet'' - DFW
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.