[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this have any literary merit or is it just a historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images(2).jpg (23 KB, 318x473) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
23 KB, 318x473
Does this have any literary merit or is it just a historical reference?
>>
It's great desu.
>>
>>7699265
Don't read that translation desu.
>>
Fascinating for me, but I study Japanese and have interest in Old Japanese.
>>
>>7699649
anon's half right on this. waley's a very liberal translation and that one doesn't have the entirety of her book. however, he's the translation which was earliest and therefore influential. if you want to study waley's effect, get that.

if you want to read the whole thing and without the translator inserting his own thoughts with no warning or indication, morris for an academic look, or mckinney for a more relaxed read.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1000x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1000x740
>>7699265
Movie's better.
>>
>>7699773
kek, greenaway is good but it's better to know the first sei shonagon first if you like rock and fucked up, you should watch seconds and rodenberry's pretty maids in a row
>>
File: the_pillow_book.jpg (36 KB, 450x345) Image search: [Google]
the_pillow_book.jpg
36 KB, 450x345
jus watch the peter greenaway movie lmao
>>
>>7699773
underrated movie tbqh
>>
>>7701534
>>7701347
>>7699809
>>7699773
why is /lit/ better versed in /tv/ than /tv/ is?
>>
>>7703070
/tv/ is for all intensive purposes 'Reddit: The 4chan Board'.
>>
>>7703070
shhh or they come here
>>
I want to ask the same of Borges after I read him.
>>
>>7703133
he'd answer with his conundrum
>>
>>7703137
And twenty-three drops of name.
>>
>>7703180
that inherent in the conundrum ;^)
>>
>>7703070
because they are praising Deadpool right now
>>
>>7703088
>intensive purposes
I can't even tell when people are retards or doing it on purpose anymore.
>>
>>7703634
Did you bump the thread so someone else could tell you if the post containing "Reddit" was a troll post? Let's get some opinions in here, anons, anon is having trouble.
>>
>>7703070
I meant the actual Hudson/Day movie.
>>
>>7703685
>tfw no partyline gf to troll into loving you
why live? just give me AIDS already
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.