[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /lit/ read Edge Chronicles when they were younger? In retrospect,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1090x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1090x770
Did /lit/ read Edge Chronicles when they were younger? In retrospect, it had a quite an expansive lore for what was basically a children's series.
>>
Oooh, I would have been very excited by that map when I was a kid, but I can't say I've ever heard of the series OP
>>
Yeah I really enjoyed it. More YA than children's though.
Also more whimsical and thoughtful than a lot of current YA.
>>
>>7698414
read the first one repeatedly, didn't care for the later books.
i remember it as being pretty gruesome
>>
>>7698414
The librarian at my middle school bought the series on a whim one year and I loved them. Some dipshit took out the last book in the series at the time and kept renewing it so I basically had to hunt a kid down that year.
Excellent series for a 6th grader.
>>
File: Grossmother.jpg (213 KB, 1000x1146) Image search: [Google]
Grossmother.jpg
213 KB, 1000x1146
>>7698414
read every single one

everything was so imaginative and Chris Riddel's illustrations were the best, i still think he could have expanded it further and articulated what the edge actually was, mythology behind its existence etc.
I don't remember ever finding out.
<best thing was the grossmother and her goblins
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 492x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 492x389
>>7699299
He did a fantastic job of the illustrations. My favourites were probably the banderbears.
>>
This shit was dope to be honest read have a vivid memory of waiting after school when i was 7 or 8 reading one of these and recognising the sound of my mums keys as she came up. Real /comfy/ up in here.
>>
>>7698414
Damn, my to-read list is already way too long, but this looks cool.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.