[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw reading anxiety while reading philosophy I have to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1442668406758.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1442668406758.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>tfw reading anxiety while reading philosophy
I have to try extra hard to comprehend what the author's saying and pay close attention to words or phrases, and in the end I end up losing track of what I'm doing anyways.

It's ultimately ironic because I'm trying to read material that could assist me in learning to be less anxious of such trivial situations and circumstances.
>>
Look on the bright side. The ultimate truth of philosophy is that the mystical is the real, and that philosophers are sages on the road to eternal knowledge. All of the writers you are struggling to read are in heaven and excruciatingly aware of every single aspect of every single failure on your part to comprehend their simple arguments. They can experience your shame in entire dimensions you don't even know about.
>>
>>7698301
just realize you aren't going to get it the first time through no matter what, and that people dedicate their entire lives to reading this shit.
>>
>>7698308
>>7698309
lol it's not even about the philosophy itself, I literally have to reread entire paragraphs just because I feel I haven't grasped it all when I really have but I just can't immediately surface the entire thing word for word.

It applies to me reading general literature as well, but it's less of a pressing issue because at least with fiction the prose flows much better.
>>
>>7698315
>tfw I know that feel
Also is even worse when I try finally understand something and move on to something else difficult, and when I finally understand that I lose my grasp of the concept from before.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 213x200
>>7698301
>tfw books give me the spooks
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.