[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New Sincerity >Not realising that the best irony is ultimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: more intelligent than you.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
more intelligent than you.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
>New Sincerity
>Not realising that the best irony is ultimately sincere.
>>
yup, that's the joke. NEETs act sincere but find it funny the same way normal people find irony funny
>>
>>7697615
obviously
>>
>>7697615
weak normcore wannabe dialectic
>>
>>7697844
I agree.
>>
>>7697615
Because a sincere self-perception inheres in irony?
>>
>>7697930
Only in the best.
>>
>>7697844
>dialectics have to be high flown
>>
>>7697615
right now we are caught in a maelstorm of bullshit (ie modern culture) you gonna need a certain amount of amused detachment if you hope to get out alive. if you take all the bullshit seriously you'll end up drowning in it
>>
>>7698015
>right now we are caught in a maelstorm of bullshit (ie modern culture

dude. stop posting and go to bed, you have algebra first period tomorrow
>>
>>7698404
take for example 4chan, your facebook feed or even that new deadpool movie, if you uncritically internalize whatever they throw at you, it will destroy you. try to 'deal sincerely' with a fundamentally insincere landscape of empty performative constructs and you will go insane
>>
>>7698467
*unsheaths katana*

what did you just say, to me ...
>>
>>7698467

But isn't that just the point? Our society is too ironic as it is. It's kind of ironic that you need irony to deal with all the irony.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.