[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw when there's no working /lit/ archive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1452205623174.jpg (21 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
1452205623174.jpg
21 KB, 352x352
>Tfw when there's no working /lit/ archive.
>>
>>7697183
only the memes remain
>>
https://dialecticarchives.com/
>>
"if you can't remember it, it's not worth it." - bob marley
>>
agreed. it's pretty much the board on 4chan that needs it the most, both to limit having the same discussions over and over and to find interesting opinions/analyses on books

meanwhile boads like r9k have a working archive, with almost no practical use
>>
>>7697229

Thank you based anon.

Can you confirm if it saves all pictures or not? I found the thread I was looking for but the pic doesn't seem to be there.
>>
>>7697261
I started archiving just a couple of weeks ago, all the older posts are gathered from different archives I found, and some of those sadly did not include pictures. All of the newer posts, and future ones should include photos saved on Amazon, so availability and up time should no be much of a problem.

I'm working on adding a solid search engine to the mix, but I want to see that there is at least some traffic hitting it before I spend my free time pimping up an aesthetically pretentious archive.
>>
i know! how am i supposed to find that one old thread that contained a "read-expected-got" picture for the book of disquiet which was very funny not just in a haha-i-recognize-that-meme way but a this-well-encapsulates-the-book-while-exposing-its-shortcomings kind of way?! or to browse the "/lit/ humor" threads of yore when nobody has had the courage to post one yet to day? or to actually find good threads from the past?! do they exist?! I do not know, I can not know! not without the archivE!
>>
I gotta email some guy about an elusive bastard that posts on this board but I have to wait until the archive gets fixed so I can access some data about him
>>
>>7697281
There will be traffic after some time, don't worry, and a search engine would make the archive a lot more useful. Thanks for your work, anon.
>>
File: 1454743136523.jpg (150 KB, 797x957) Image search: [Google]
1454743136523.jpg
150 KB, 797x957
I'll probably never see that pic again.
>>
>>7697281
Thanks for the great work anon.
What we need is a stable archive.
Would be great if we could have shared archive of /lit/ and other literary resources like bookzz or audiobookbay and such. And some way to have a "best of" kinda thing so people won't have to search very hard for good content when the board has a slow day.
>>
>>7697346
Hope you're right! I'll give a more organized announcement on the board in a week or two when I got some bugs sorted out and a better navigation.

>>7697352
I'm afraid that will introduce some legal issues, and one doesn't have to be a very good detective to figure out my IRL identity. Would be nice to have all of bookzz's content searchable though. Might be a fun project if I figure out a legal way around it.
>>
I emailed the admin of warosu. He said it'll be up by at most the end of February. If you care enough, just look up the whois, you dunce.
>>
>>7697928
And you believed him
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.