[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you really learn Italian in two weeks? What is the easiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: jpfarewell-popup.jpg (50 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
jpfarewell-popup.jpg
50 KB, 329x500
Can you really learn Italian in two weeks?

What is the easiest language to learn to speak conversationally?
>>
You can't

Probably English
>>
>>7697113

Why did he say that then??
>>
>>7697114
I don't know, I haven't read the book. I'm Italian tho and I meet foreign people on a daily basis, which provides me with empirical evidence that no, you probably can't learn a language in two weeks - although you can probably learn a few hundred phrases and get around with those, so maybe that's what I meant.
>>
>>7697116
he meant*
>>
>>7697109
Can **You** really learn Italian in two weeks?

Rather depends on the you, eh?
I can, because I already speak French and Spanish.

Languages have things in common. Romance languages share similar sentence format, ie conjugation. A good portion of English words are French in origin, and most French words are Romantic-- as are Italian, Spanish, etc.

Because of these common threads, learning a 3rd language is not nearly difficult as learning a second (especially after you are accustomed to different sentence structures). Spanish is incredibly easy if you apply the right methods, and it's almost perfectly phonetic to boot.
>>
>>7697109
sorry to double-post, but check out Michel Thomas. His methods will have you speaking with near fluency in under one hundred pleasurable hours
>>
>>7697113
>Probably English
hahahahahaha are you kidding me
>>
>>7697109
You can't. But you can in a year, if you apply yourself and...

> > LIVE IN ITALY < <
(or in proximity of Italian-speaking people)

>>7697120
È impossibile in due settimane. Magari riesci ad afferrare dal contesto, capendo qualche singola parola, il significato. Ma sono sicuro al 100% se ti parlassi non capiresti nulla. Frocio.
>>
Hemingway was often full of shit.
Toki Pona is the easiest language.
>>
>>7698346
english is easy as fuck compared to almost anyother language
>>
>>7697127
One of the worst courses in existense. Terrible non-native pronuncuation and it mainly focuses on grammar. It's fucking shit.
>>
The best way to learn a language is to get a girlfriend/mistress that speaks the language. Since this is 4chan, that obviously isn't possible for any of you.
>>
>>7700020
First off, there are multiple "courses", each with a different teacher, so I don't get what you mean when you say non-native pronunciation. If you are talking about the other students, he corrects them constantly and you are expected to learn from that.

Mainly focuses on grammar? Yeah, if you want to learn a language you better understand the grammar and sentence structure. Do you think it's better to memorize a phrase book or vocabulary list? The question was about learning to speak conversationally.

I reccomend you hit that red X in the top right of your browser, kiddo.
>>
>>7700024
Yeah this desu. They are good motivators. And to be less of a dickhead, friends are good too. You can practice with them and if you get close then you never know what could happen
>>
>>7700013
English is a hodgepodge mess for non natives. It's 50% borrowed words and every rule in the language from spelling to grammar and syntax has exceptions that all have to be memorized
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.