[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cortazar, Borges, Sabato, Marquez and more...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: aleph.jpg (26 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
aleph.jpg
26 KB, 210x251
Cerré la puerta de mi departamento y me dirigí al ascensor. Iba a llamarlo cuando un personaje rarísimo ocupó toda mi atención. Era tan alto que yo debí haber comprendido que lo soñaba. Aumentaba su estatura un bonete cónico. Su rostro (que no vi nunca de perfil) tenía algo de tártaro o de lo que yo imagino que es tártaro y terminaba en una barba negra, que también era cónica. Los ojos me miraban burlonamente. Usaba un largo sobretodo negro y lustroso, lleno de grandes discos blancos. Casi tocaba el suelo. Acaso sospechando que soñaba, me atreví a preguntarle no sé en qué idioma por qué vestía de esa manera. Me sonrió con sorna y se desabrochó el sobretodo. Vi que debajo había un largo traje enterizo del mismo material y con los mismos discos blancos, y supe (como se saben las cosas en los sueños) que debajo había otro.

En aquel preciso momento sentí el inconfundible sabor de la pesadilla y me desperté.

>>
File: alef.jpg (18 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
alef.jpg
18 KB, 500x518
>>7695956
" I closed the door to my apartment and walked to the elevator. I was about to press the call button when a truly starling person arrested my attention. He was so tall that i should have understood that i was dreaming him. His stature was incresad by a cone-shaped cap. His face
(which i never saw in profile) had about it something of the tartar, or what I imagine a tartar to be, and it ended in a black beard , also cone shaped. His eyes gazed at me in a mocking manner. He was dressed in a long overcoat, black and glossy covered with large white discs. It reached nearly the floor. With a suspicion that perhaps i was dreaming, i ventured to ask him , in some languaje or other, why he was dressed in such a fashion. He gave a ironic smile and unbuttoned his overcoat. I saw that under it was a long piece suit in the same material and covered with the same white discs, and i realized ( in the way one does in dreams) that under it there would be another one.
At the exact moment i tasted the unmistakable savor of nightmare, and awoke."
>>
>>7695956
>que yo debí
Hasta ahi llegué
>>
>>7695978
preety cool translation
>>
Is not a translation, the master Borger was fluent in English and spanish.
>>
"Probablemente de todos nuestro sentimientos el único que no es verdaderamente nuestro es la esperanza. La esperanza le pertenece a la vida, es la vida misma defendiéndose."
>>
'Among all our feelings hope is probably the only one that doesn't belong to us. Hope belong to life, is life protecting itself."
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.