[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Steven King novels? I know he's a main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 750x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 750x745
What are the best Steven King novels?

I know he's a main stream pleb tier normie author, I'm just looking for some fun scholck to read.
>>
Hearts in atlantis has a genuinely good first section.

The library policemen is a good yarn, and actually scary.

Bag of bones is pretty good.

Lisey's story is alright but not as good as the rest.

Most of his novels are terrible though.

IT is kinda fun
>>
I liked 11/22/63
>>
If you're just gonna read a few of his books, stay in the 70's and 80's. Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Stand, Dead Zone, and Pet Sematary are all fantastic genre novels. Truly the best of the best when it comes to trashy lit.
>>
>>7695494
Too bad it's really fucking boring in the middle. Also the ending's questionable. It's also in the pleb tier with no depth whatsoever.
>>
File: Minion.jpg (285 KB, 1522x884) Image search: [Google]
Minion.jpg
285 KB, 1522x884
That image gave me an idea
>>
The Stand is way too fucking long and meandering. One of the few books I just dropped. The beginning was cool tho.
>>
>>7695526
>I've never read any genre fiction except King
>>
I really liked the Stand. Currently reading The Talisman, which is a bit more hit-and-miss, IMO. I disliked the start, but it got ok once Jack got into the territories. And I'm disliking the part where he's entering the hotel.
>>
>Normie

Saged, dropped and hidden.

I assume 9gag has better opinions about this author than /lit/. Ask there.
>>
File: 750.jpg (196 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
750.jpg
196 KB, 750x750
>>7695868
I did one too
>>
File: 7501.jpg (226 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
7501.jpg
226 KB, 750x750
>>7696412
2/2
>>
>>7695494
Hated the ending.
>>
>>7695036
I read The Stand when I was very young and impressionable so I'm probably biased, but I've always loved that book
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.