[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you define creativity? Does something have to be valuable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: MiS1zok.png (198 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
MiS1zok.png
198 KB, 500x296
How do you define creativity? Does something have to be valuable to be creative or just original? How do we determine something's value or interest such that we can deem it truly creative?
>>
>>7694025
Well, creativity does not necessarily mean good culture, it just means creative, I guess you could call it outside of the box thinking. However, what is successful and considered good is a function of the current society. Think for yourself what you enjoy or not, listen to other people because they may be right about what is quality and what is shit for a reason you had not thought of, but ultimately it is you who makes that decision of what you like.
>>
>>7694025
creativity is the cumulative awareness of abstract form, convention and artistic tropes. For some people this awareness is so great that their capacity for creation is not merely informed by the aforementioned factors, but actively surpasses or overwhelms their aesthetic potential to say something which has been left as-yet unsaid within the limits of conformity.

Of course, this definition is very specific to literary or artistic mediums only - though it appears to me that creativity in other fields would operate under the same analogous principles.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.