[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it worth actually reading 14 volumes and 4,000,000+ words
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: wheel of time book one.jpg (99 KB, 482x681) Image search: [Google]
wheel of time book one.jpg
99 KB, 482x681
So is it worth actually reading 14 volumes and 4,000,000+ words of this shit?
>>
No.

Matrim is the only interesting character among the 100k other
>>
>>7693880
book 1 and 2 were good at best

it got bad after that.
>>
No.
>>
>>7693880
how the fuck can anyone sit like that on an horse without falling down?
>>
Have you looked at the cover?
>>
>>7694529
Because it's modest and keeps women from breakin their hymen. It's obvious science.
>>
Had these books on my shelves for a while now. Been wondering the same as OP.
>>
>>7693880
I listened to them all in a few months. They REALLY drag after the second half. Sanderson did a good job finishing them up. As a poster above said, Mat is the only character worth a damn. I'd at least read The Eye of the World and whatever the prequel book is called first. Also, if you hate women you'll love these books.
>>
>>7693880
>tfw you've read it all at least twice
I used to be a /nerd/
>>
>Also, if you hate women you'll love these books.

hahahaha so true

it's all down hill after dumai wells until like book 11 ho
>>
File: 27a388d9aab2b4505e8568bff48737d3.jpg (445 KB, 1680x1112) Image search: [Google]
27a388d9aab2b4505e8568bff48737d3.jpg
445 KB, 1680x1112
>>7693880
>>
>>7693880
Depends if you like cool world building or not. If so, then you'll enjoy this series.

I've read the first 4 books 3 times, 5-9 2 times and 10-14 once. The series is weakest at book 10, (9 also has its slow parts but I still liked it as a whole), and it picks up again at 11. The books by Sanderson are very decent as well, but they didn't evoke the same sense of wonder that the original books did in my opinion. Then again, I was 16 years younger when I read the first nine books for the first time.

I really love this series desu, the world feels really awesome.
>>
>>7694529
That's how women were supposed to ride horses and that's how they did it for centuries.
>>
File: z68w1.jpg (85 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
z68w1.jpg
85 KB, 500x656
No, fuck no, it is not worth it. The first few books are okay, then it turns into the hell of boiling feces. The Wheel of Time is why I refuse to read Game of Thrones until Martin finishes it.

At some point Jordon realized he could keep cashing checks until the day he croaked, by stretching out the fucking story. Later books ignore the main characters and plot, just to focus on the side characters no one gives a shit about. That is exactly what the verminous bastard did, he died without finishing the series. Someone did finish it using his notes or something, but at that point I didn't care anymore.
>>
I think I read to about book 7 or so before I gave up.

It's how I learned to recognize that George Martin has no fucking clue what he's doing with Song of Ice and Fire, despite explicitly denying it will turn out like Wheel of Time.
>>
>>7693880
if you want to read insanely long shit at least do In Search Of Lost Time first
>>
>>7695811
You only need to read he first three books of GRRM. They are self contained. The rest of the books are a money grab mess.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.