[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he isn't fluent in Ancient Greek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (773 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
773 KB, 1280x720
>he isn't fluent in Ancient Greek
>>
Who actually needs to be?
>>
>>7692833
I'm ancient in fluent greek and I'm not a robot
>>
english, spanish, french with basic russian, mandarian and german aint bad desu

would like to have a bit of latin and ancient greek tho
>>
>>7692839
anyone who cares about literature
>>
>>7692848
Me too I'm not a robot!
>>
Robo cup here, sup?
>>
> having time to learn even half the living languages you want
>>
I had Ancient Greek in highschool for about 4 years and I'd like to pick it up again but I'm not sure how to.

anybody have some tips?
>>
I've been wanting to learn Ancient Greek for a while now, but don't know where to start, because all the resources I find here are in English, and I'm a German native. English would work, but suboptimally so.
Also, I already know Latin. Does that help?
>>
File: 1454278751303.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454278751303.png
901 KB, 690x460
>fell for the "all translations are bad" meme
>>
>>7692848
>>7692858
>>>/reddit/
>>
>non latinam discit
>>
>>7694202

>paedagogus est
>puellaeridentes.mosaic
>>
>>7692868

You could look for a graduated reader for whatever dialect you studied (Homeric, Attic, Koine, ...).

>>7693988
Yes, your Latin helps, as does your German. From what little I know, English resources might be the most plentiful/highest quality available, in particularly on the internet.
>>
File: 1453147790690.jpg (19 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
1453147790690.jpg
19 KB, 550x343
>>7694226
>>
> not speaking exclusively ancient Greek to your childre while your wife teaches them """""""""English""""""""""
>>
>>7696162
But I am going to speak to my children in Classical Arabic and a little bit of Spanish. I hope my wife will speak to them in French.
>>
>>7692868
>>7693988
Go to libgen and search "hansen quinn greek." It's an intensive method and starts with hard morphology for a few hundred pages but it'll learn you some Greek.

>german
No idea. But I gotta imagine the German equivalent of H&Q is probably some 19th century shit that is 1400% better and will make Prussian dueling scars spontaneously appear on your face or something. Germans are the ur-classicists.

>I already know Latin
Yeah, you'll blaze through H&Q or something like it. Tolerate the morphology until you get to grammar and you'll find it easier than Latin. Latin has simple morphology and complex idiom. Greek is the other way around. Sort of.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.