[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write what's on your mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Write what's on your mind
>>
File: 098435.png (966 KB, 700x813) Image search: [Google]
098435.png
966 KB, 700x813
your on my mind again, on & on & on, I have you on hand in hand, the time is coming soon to me
>>
i want to read books with people on /lit/ in some kind of book club thing, but i want it to be easy and catch on well enough that people actually participate and it doesn't fizzle out to me and one other guy awkwardly reading shit. or devolve into a tiny irc/skype group of namefag regulars instead of an open format.

i feel like the biggest problem with this board is that it's usually more about talking around authors/books than talking into them, it's really really rare to actually see a) two people who read the same book, b) discussing that book in any depth. it's always one guy who read it describing it to another who didn't, or an exchange of "indeed, i also read that."

it would be neat to see /lit/ have a persistent book club and actually discuss a single text in depth, in a thread-seminar format. you'd have guys with lots of outside knowledge informing the discussion, guys with less knowledge doing more listening but also asking interesting questions, and everywhere in between. lots of recommendation sharing, lots of spitballing because it's anonymous, etc.
>>
>>7691655

Donald Trump's political trajectory has been incredibly left-to-right and splashless and sad.
>>
why wont kanye releases his fucking album already listening to this shitty ass stream rip is shit its making me hate the album
>>
>>7691655
original thoughts do not steal

>amethyst crystals are pretty handy as a means to channel christic vibrations..

>the paris attacks were a staged media event.

>clear quartz irradiates buddhic energies.

>Transcripts for 21 of Billy Mays' Most Popular Infomercials

>the role of linguistic fascism in the cult of transgenderism.

>zircon is highly linked to chthonic forces. this was widely known among the early christians.
>>
All my attempts at writing what I think is interesting prose come off as clumsy attempts at intellectual ego wanking.

Should I just be a minimalist writer?
>>
i'm thinking of starting a new branch of christianity cuz i feel jesus but not any of these churchs
>>
>>7691700
minimalism is for cowards, write ur own style and it's either good or not...
>>
antidepressants= ZOG brain control chemicals
>>
>>7691731
depression=ZOG brain control created by jewish science

no depression in the wild
>>
I fucking hate having to hate her.
>>
>>7691742
Everyone's depressed.
The ones who openly announce it become part of the OG automatically.
>>
>>7691673
>how do i same fag a thread
>>
>>7691805
i am not the OP i just have autism and no friends

i am a lot of things but i am not the OP
>>
>>7691793
>Everyone's depressed.

only those who got tricked to turn against jesus
>>
>>7691655
the late media emphasis on transgenderism and lgbt is being pushed by an elite bent on engineering some sort of bizarre post-human society. the liberatory de-structuring impulses of the 60s got channeled by a restructuring agenda
>>
>>7691918
pacification through feminization is more likely
>>
>>7691920
It's cynical, but so is the world elite. This, I think, is true --- feeding intelligent people claptrap meant to castrate and weaken them so that significant revolt is impossible.

My deepest sympathy for all the people psychologically castrated by the Tavistock-engineered brainwashing so-called "culture" of America and the Western world today, from irrelevant, manufactured news to bullshit opinion pieces on political correctness (is it correct? is it not? maybe leftwingers are all just pussies and we should go on the streets of Harlem and scream "NIGGER" just to rub it in their faces), and so on and so forth.
>>
>>7691655
all conspiracy theories are just sophisticated instruments of control.

Social Criticism is social control.
>>
>>7691918
Or rather than those in charge feeding the idea of transitions, could transitioning be some sort of prole based protest against a government that enforces a masculine vs. feminine culture?
>>
>>7691963
its just another restructuration. as the old model of family as a practical child-production apparatus transformed into a rigid bourgeoisie model based on abstractions (ie love, fidelity, family) which then collapsed c. 1960s. now they want to replace it with a radical consumption-based system where gender, family, and maybe even biological reproduction have no place at all
>>
>>7691981
>now they want to replace it with a radical consumption-based system where gender, family, and maybe even biological reproduction have no place at all

now when u say "they" i assume speaking about the jews but too cucked to utter it
>>
>>7691981
it would make sense that someone whose identity isn't molded by their family, class or gender identity would be the ideal consumer - why would want to base your product around an individual's historical identity when you can create their identity and the product that matches?

creating a disposable consumer to match the disposable product
>>
>>7691994
its not the jews, but rather Capitalism as a quasi-sentinent pseudobiological entity. im not a traditionalist either, but we are just seeing another Capital-directed massive restructuring proyect that might not be beneficiary to long-term human interests.
>>
File: 1451245296782.png (228 KB, 548x303) Image search: [Google]
1451245296782.png
228 KB, 548x303
Time of life is time in mind and being therewithin.

Soren Kierkegaard said that if God stands as judge eternally overtime, he must stand as judge at every moment within time. That at every moment, of every day, you stand before the infinity of the Lord on high.

As I sit here in my underwear, my dog pushing a gross thing into my lap, I cannot help but ask how God judges me in this moment. His opinion subject to his being, but I leave the debate of that to philosophers an fools, today of which I intend to be neither.

She texted me. Told me she'd shaved. Happy Valentine's Valentino Armani Exchange one bad business for another bourgeoise is a damn stupid word. Hesse used it. Hesse is a tremendous faggot, and probably a cucklord.

The dog left fluff on the floor. I'll have to sweep it up. I have carpet floors. The broom moves little, a thousand strokes per piece of damn lint. The homework. The classes. The fear of failure. The failure. Maybe if I get out of here, get a job, I can skate on my merits and what someone once called brilliance. Who was I? Was I better? Stronger? Did I convince myelf I was.

Neurocogniton is a funny think. The rendering of the mind in so much atomized flesh. It is at once you and me and all of our perception, Hume and Plato would say, Aquinas would argue that the intelligable species is yet extent of our perception, crystallized in true being by form and matter. Perhaps I should cite something here. And I am sitting in underwear and a threadbare sweater old as the moment I have loved it. I am sitting in the sweater that was my Father's and at once I stand before God.

>There ya go OP, basically stream of consciousness
>>
>>7691888
nice trips. I wasn't saying you were OP. I'm saying that you can have those threads by samefagging alternative opinions to yourself, which will encourage others to join in. If you're waiting around for someone else to present an argument and someone else again to present a counterargument, you're just asking to be spoonfed. The best recourse both for your goal and for the board is that you go away and research the thread yourself and come up with a variety of opinions on the book at hand. Waiting for the imaginary expert to come and inform or correct you is just trolling not producing content. You've to be your own expert and opposition at times.
>>
Judaism is a defunct religion. Christ fulfilled the Law and rendered Judaism unnecessary. Jews today are a bitter rump state of a faith clinging to forsaken doctrines. I think God despises them for this, which is why so many unspeakable horrors have been visited upon them. Yet still they cling.
>>
As I sit here drinking my second Manhattan of the night and listening to bluegrass on the radio, my mind drifts off into a cloud where /lit/ intrudes to poke and prod, slowly, not rapidly enough, and I need to take another drink to drown out the cacophony of silence.
>>
>>7692033

That's only the madness talking. A third Manhattan should shut it up.
>>
>>7691655
im thinking of writing a story following a bomb from its assembly in a midwestern factory to the moment it gets dropped down on some syrians. its not preachy antiwar shit either, I want the reader to actually sympathize with this bomb, think a coming-of-age story, just the protagonist is an inanimate piece of ordnance
>>
>>7692061
I could see myself crying to this. Carry on.
>>
>>7692049

That sounds like a good idea. Having a 3 liter barrel full of aged Manhattans is both wonderful and dangerous. I will be back with a third.
>>
>>7691995
this is some serious 1984 shit right here, very poignant post anon, good work
>>
>>7692082

IT's more Huxleyan than Orwellian, desu senpai.
>>
>>7692061
>just the protagonist is an inanimate piece of ordnance
lmfao
>>
>>7692091
yes thank you
>>
>>7691655
I don't know how much longer I can deal with comings and goings of my mind and moods. My strength and will against them waxes and wanes, but the trajectory of my life rests in dark shades that I feel fated to. I've seen friends and acquaintances fall into the abyss in their own way and it seems like that seem beast comes for me. I'm so tired of this war with myself.

I really hope everything I wrote in mania isn't absolute garbage. I hope that I can put the book together. I really think it will be good. I hope I like it. I hope other people like it. I hope people like me because of it.

I wish things were better. I wish I was loved sincerely by someone somewhere.

I need another drink.
>>
>>7692115

I love you, anon (ultimately, the only worthwhile thing we can do with our lives is to love), and will drink with you. I am on my third Manhattan, after all.
>>
A single frame a tingling hare a tired flaring time of tin, do I intend find this rapacious jailhouse so frivolous in mind and sought to yearn this gay earth's waning maw.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sA7l9TC-0

The third Manhattan is done, and I am listening to this, weeping on the inside thinking of Rian Malan's Neil, now dead, and his wife and her love, because what else can you do? What has happened, and what will happen, and what can we possibly do that means anything? I told the anon in >>7692115 that I loved him, and I meant it, but did I?

What has become of our place in this world? Can we do more than feel? I am a Stoic, but every now and then the gnawing emptiness erupts from the pit of my stomach and threatens to devour everything else. But then nostalgia follows, and the emptiness feels warmer, but still empty. Still cold despite the warmth.

Feel the banjo playing the strings of your soul as you recognize the tremendously awful metaphors that your life consists of, and as you spill your guts out to an anonymous image board that isn't interested in your blog entries, and you realize that there is no greater cliche than you.

Pour another drink.
>>
New sticky is worthless.
>>
Big words and long sentences occupy much space but say little.
>>
>>7692115
Literally almost all your sentences begin with "I," you insufferable pleb. Fucking leave my thread and then kill yourself, you shit writer.
>>
God definitely has humor. I mean, he made me. I'm a fucking joke.
>>
>>7692174
pleb
>>
>>7692181
you cant own a thread, maaan
>>7692216
>50s borsht belt comic voice
>>
If I read all this fiction that is regarded as literary classics, what am I really going to learn? I mean does reading Hemingway and Melville make me any more educated than anyone else? So I get someones opinion on life through a story, but do I really learn anything at all?

If I read non-fiction all I learn are facts.

Where do I get to the essence of everything? The secrets of the universe, etc.?
>>
>>7692265
You think reading classics will make you smart, but you can't even do basic post-high school level math. Get a load of this colossal faggot, everyone.
>>
>>7692265
melville is god. hemingway is kinda overrrated. literature, like music or any art in general is a dream and an hallucination. you need to get out of that mentality that tells you its all about 'facts' you have to collect like postage stamps. its about fully experiencing the world
>>
>>7691700
I feel the same exact way. I'm just hoping that if i keep writing and reading it will eventually sort itself out. Good luck mate
>>
File: 1453963358846.jpg (92 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1453963358846.jpg
92 KB, 500x667
Spending my days woeful of the human condition, laughing at the absurdity. Slow degeneration of the body, ha.

The majority of thoughts; narcissistic
The majority of actions; the same
The majority of dreams; selfless

That's what I'm thinking of, I think.
>>
My penis is useless.

May I use yours?
>>
>>7692271

you have a very shallow notion of "smart"
>>
I wish I had the intellectual energy and focus to read 300 pages a day. It seems I cap off at 100 and can't go beyond that.
>>
>>7691694
I get u senpai
>>
I think life just escaped me honestly
I'm content to die but other people would be upset
>>
File: 1436671497184.png (136 KB, 326x411) Image search: [Google]
1436671497184.png
136 KB, 326x411
>>7691655
He's not going to be my bf he never will.
I'm too ugly to get him and he's too perfect. Maybe I should cut all ties because seeing him dangled in from of me is just too much to take. Maybe I should just move away from this town entirely. I'll never get anyone and I'll just see every cute guy run off and be a slut. Life was better when I forgot what not being lonely was like.
>>
>>7692778
I fell for my best friend and ended up cutting all ties and I don't regret it
>>
I haven't written anything in months. I've been having that one poem in mind where Atlas walks crooked even with the sky no longer weighing down on his shoulders.
>>
>>7692784
He's not even really I friend. It's just some gay dude I met in uni. But it's like, am I going to run away from everyone I consider attractive because I can't get them? I'm just so fucking lonely.
>>
I need to decide on a vague career path and sign up for university

but I'm unable to, I can't find anything that I would like to do for a living

everything seems equally uninteresting
and no hobby or talent of mine would make for a good career
>>
>>7692797
Everyone needs a bread job. Pick something you are good at and just turn it into an office job.

Hell, I am studying literature and already have a decent job that I am content with. You just need to come to terms with the fact that most people do not love what they do for a living.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.