[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. Expected a bit more out of the last part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (251 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
file.png
251 KB, 306x475
Just finished this. Expected a bit more out of the last part of the book, but it was a good read.

What does /lit/ think of it?
>>
>>7690923
I never read it.
Is on my to-read list alongside with Thousand Cranes by Kawabata
>>
File: batata.jpg (182 KB, 2401x739) Image search: [Google]
batata.jpg
182 KB, 2401x739
>>7690923
I thought the same when I finished it but in retrospect I don't think I would have changed the last part at all. I think the big thing is Sensei was born in a time where people did that sort of thing. I think when the general Nogi or whatever his name died it was a sign to Sensei that he too was outdated.
>>
>>7691011
the book probably wouldn't be the same if Sensei read Nietzsche and changed his life around.

What specifically do you mean about wanting more to the last part? I was kind of expecting more from the main character at the time like finding out what happened to his dad but now I believe its better left to our imagination. After the bomb that Sensei dropped I didn't really care about the young guys life
>>
>>7690923

Taking me ages to read it in Japanese, I can barely enjoy it.
>>
>>7690923
I heard the girl's a slut in this one.
>>
>>7690999
Do not neglect Master of Go
>>
>>7693223
Going to read it as well.
Wasn't sure if I would. I wanted to read Kawabata, but the only book I could get in a user bookstore nearby was Thousand Cranes.
I'll hit the internet to buy Master of Go too!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.