[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Zadie Smith so popular if she's never written anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: confused ninja.jpg (90 KB, 342x502) Image search: [Google]
confused ninja.jpg
90 KB, 342x502
Why is Zadie Smith so popular if she's never written anything good?

Is it because she fucked DFW?
>>
I'm pretty sure that she's more well known than he is.
>>
No discernible talent in either.
>>
>>7690187
I doubt that. Why do you think so?
>>
>>7690187
No she isn't.
>>
because shes attractive and checks the boxes of A)not-white and B)not-male, therefore making her very trendy among those who perpetuate the "dead white men are evil" ideology
>>
>>7690219
She's definitely white, I don't care what you say
>>
>>7690202
I've always known of her, I'd never heard of DFW until I started browsing /lit/. It could be an English thing.
>>
>>7690171
white teeth was good

she's pretty try hard, but not nearly as try hard as dfw
>>
>>7690237
"On beauty" is far more better than her first novel. She even admited that it's "for 15yo teens"
>>
>>7690219
lel, the world is just stacked against your average /lit/ shitposter in every way, right? it's not like Zadie Smith is actually an extremely polished and talented storyteller who actually commits years of her life to her novels, right? ppl are just out to get the 4chinners, not because they actually want to read her fiction?

grow tf up
>>
>>7690187
where's the zadie smith biopic?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.