[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A medieval name.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
So I need a creative name for this character I'm going to make a short story about. However I can't think of a real good one at all and I need some help or suggestions on how to get one.

It'd be great if guys could suggest a medieval first name and surname for this man. A name that could relate to the guy in this picture. (And not the actors name) Keep the name cool and unique please!
>>
Ogi Bearclaw
>>
>>7688994
Louis
>>
I need a first and last name, please and thanks!
>>
D'edge Bloodikis
>>
>>7689043
Louis the butcher, son of Louis the butcher
>>
>writing genre

kill yourself
>>
Jack Destructor
>>
So far Ogi Bearclaw is the best
>>
>>7689063
use that, then
>>
>>7688994
Longis Bolivorax
>>
Wolfe Nightman
>>
Larz Breasted
>>
Ben Dover
>>
>>7688994
macbeth thane of cawdor
>>
>>7688994
Max DeFault
>>
>>7688994

Where is he from? What time period? What social standing? How old? What is his lineage like? What are his defining traits?
>>
>tfw a rabelaisian name isn't good enough for OP
>>
>>7688994
Depends on which linguistic sphere you´re talking about of course

Something Celtic or old English would be good. Or Norse maybe.

Some links: http://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Icelandic_Names
http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/ancient-celtic
http://www.behindthename.com/names/origin/old-english

Some badass Nordic names:
Ragnar Stjærtaknúllr
Sigurd Blattubáni
Karl Spritmånglarn
>>
Sir Protagonist.
>>
Ser Chad Thundercock.
>>
>>7689145
>Stjærtaknúllr
>Blattubáni
>Spritmånglarn

This emoji is ironic. Very childish of you to do this.
>>
>>7689157
Tänk när den kommer ut i Sverige...
>>
I'll say he's around the 12th century and he is in his mid to late 30's.
>>
Also to include I'm looking for something European and Celtic could work. His social standing would be a noble man who is among with many brothers. A zealous man he is, along being cynical.
>>
>>7689185
>a noble man

Okay, so what is the history of his house?
>>
His house is vassal of the king's, the fief being out by the mountains where they remained for the past few hundred years. They are loyal and march into battle when they are called to war. They have a banner which is a symbol of a nightingale and a moon that represents their house. Nothing too special of this house hold, the lord of it now is a grumpy old guy with many sons who are competitive to be or at least to think of to be the "Rightful" heir to the throne.
>>
>>7689185
Ragnar Stjærtaknúllr would be perfect then, or if you don´t like it, why don´t you give that name to a goofy, alcoholic Norse tradesman with a large beard and a complicated relationship with women.
>>
>>7688994
Matty Val
>>
>Celtic
Ddidic Wpiôrbat.
>>
>>7689145
What do these mean
>>
>>7688994
Ers Swyrve
>>
Sir Wew d'Lad
>>
Sgt Slim Jim Samuels
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.