[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you ever think that maybe this board should be less ironic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: plato2.jpg (66 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
plato2.jpg
66 KB, 426x600
do you ever think that maybe this board should be less ironic and meme-focused? it seems exceedingly rare to see an actually interesting comment on literature.
>>
Not just /lit/, the entirety of 4chan.
Irony on 4chan isn't even funny to me anymore, it's lazy as fuck and borderline shitposting, but there are people who pride themselves on shitposting, god knows why.
>>
It doesn't matter, you're not going to change this board, or the site. If you're not enjoying it anymore, you might as well just leave.
>>
>>7686330

oh I wasn't trying to change anything I was just curious what people thought
>>
be the change you want to see in the world anon

/lit/ is a slow enough board that you can actually somewhat direct board culture instead of being a voice in the wind
>>
>>7686307
You know this new type of irony in American humour could become what used to be wit in earlier centuries, somewhat cheesy, sometimes clever, never serious. I don't think it is necessarily bad as long as you can be candid every now and again and people can take certain things like religion or war seriously sometimes. I see most of 4chan being stupidly ironic with moments of intelligence and real humour. But sometimes people hit that perfect sweet spot of being completely serious and facetious at the same time about an argument. That is how I imagine Socrates/Plato to be, he didn't really believe in women working alongside men but he did at the same time.
>>
>>7686324

I'm tired of irony, not just on this site but in general. It feels like our culture is nothing but irony now, it's become exhausting.
>>
>>7686372
Agreed. I felt the same thing a couple of months ago. It feels like everything nowadays has to be hidden behind 7 layers of irony or it's not hip. And "internet culture" has to be behind 24 layers at least. "Dank memes" for example. I complained about it on another board and someone told me I should read Demons by Dostoevsky and I've been devouring literature and coming here ever since.
>>
>all the posts ITT are ironic
>>
>>7686307
>>7686367
This. Just write serious posts and replies and respond to those who do the same to you.

>>7686372
>it's become exhausting.
Definitely.
>>
>>7686372
David I thought you were dead
>>
>>7686410
This is the place you go to when you die
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.