[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good novels wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: received_1192948534053485.jpg (32 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1192948534053485.jpg
32 KB, 540x960
I'm an 18 y.o. guy, fresh out of highschool. I am looking to raise my knowledge of good narrative as I hope to, in the future, go out into the world and start writing, myself. The only novels readily available to me are either a) stupid teen fiction (b) things I've already read and comprehend or (c) cookbooks.

Can you guys help me out by posting some good classics as well as not calling me names please? Thanks it helps a lot.

>in this thread post novels that are higher than 1000 on the lexile scale, yet still worth my time.

Pic semi-related, another young mind with a desire to learn.
>>
Heart of Darkness

Obligatory.
>>
File: the joy in joyce.jpg (99 KB, 990x400) Image search: [Google]
the joy in joyce.jpg
99 KB, 990x400
>>7685496
Read the sticky damn it.
>>
>>7685496
The Fault in Our Stars.
>>
>>7685508
You and John Green have something in common

You are both faggots
>>
>>7685560
The funny thing is that Green knows he's a fag but doesn't want to admit it. From Paper Towns:
>In the end, I had to call myself a faggot, which really annoyed me, because 1. I don't think that word should ever be used by anyone, let alone me, and 2. As it happens, I am not gay, and furthermore, 3. Chuck Parson made it out like calling yourself a faggot was the ultimate humiliation, even though there's nothing at all embarrassing about being gay.
>>
File: 1309375713001.jpg (18 KB, 360x271) Image search: [Google]
1309375713001.jpg
18 KB, 360x271
>>7685496
>lexile scale
>>
>>7685496
fuck off
>>
>>7685560
Considering your writing skills (or lack thereof), I think John Green is right up your alley.
>>
>>7685586
holy shit does this passage actually exist in that book. christ
>>
>>7685496
>lexile scale
Stop that.

You want to challenge yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics
And 1 book from the last 50 nobel winners, and one book from all of the meme authors.

Thats around 200ish books, which can be read in two years. That will make you well read, and hopefully break you of your bad habits picked up by being forced to read books judged on qualitative methodology.
>>
>>7685586
Holy shit. How do you even justify PC shit like this in a book?
>>
>>7685496
What country do you want?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_Boom

muh favorite movement
>>
>>7685652
I personally thought that it was a great poem.
>>
>>7685496

Wow. OP really was a faggot this time around!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.