[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Muir translations of this guy's work /lit/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: kafka-120.jpg (15 KB, 210x290) Image search: [Google]
kafka-120.jpg
15 KB, 210x290
Are the Muir translations of this guy's work /lit/ approved?
>>
>>7685460
Earliest translation = best translation
always
no exceptions
>>
>>7685462

lol

'no'
>>
>>7685462
this is the dumbest opinion in the world
>>
>>7685462
This is trwe
>>
>>7685467
>>7685489
>>7685522
It's not always true, I was being half-facetious, but you do get something from earlier ones that you don't from the later ones because the earlier have the benefit of being done closer to the time the work was originally written and could have a better understanding of the slang, language, concepts, etc of the time.
>>
So uh, are the Muir translations good or what?
>>
>>7685544
Not that I understand German or anything, but I found them perfectly acceptable. The important thing is to just read them!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.