[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /lit/ write in a cipher? I journal and take notes in regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Does /lit/ write in a cipher?
I journal and take notes in regular English but will switch it up with Greek when I'm writing something sensitive in public to disguise any choice words that a passerby might latch onto for a chuckle.

Also, what is your favorite writing system?
>>
I want to learn Spanish and then French. I suppose I would write my diary in French. Anyone know any good Audio CD's, the only stump in my plan is finding an affordable yet decent one. There are plenty I have bookmarked, but I want to ask around for at least a week before I lay down the money for them.
>>
>>7684537
Good for you, Spanish is a fairly decent language. Just a tip: Spanish, as spoken in Spain, is fucking retarded. Spaniards are the laughingstock of the rest of us because of their retarded accent, so avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>7684525
I'm not autistic and I don't keep journals other than my diary desu: the novel, so no.
>>
When writing in public, I use my own alphabet, a modified version of it (much more compact), or dalrunes. In private, I journal and write in the normal Latin alphabet.

During classes and other scenarios in which note-taking is normal, I like to take notes about the people around me and write things totally unrelated to what's going on, so I find it best to use something others can't read.

To frustrate interpretation, in my alphabet, some letters change form when they are adjacent to certain other letters. I also randomly throw in gibberish, write phonetically, and alternate with Russian. Occasionally, I will draw a square of 12 circles and draw lines from each circle to each other circle, and then fill in the resulting blanks with letters from the compact version of my alphabet in a certain order that only I know.

Three people have keys to my alphabet, but I doubt even they could really interpret it without me watching over their shoulders. They don't have a key to the compact version (written very minutely: vowels sit on top of the consonants following them, unless a consonant does not follow it, in which case the vowel sits over a dot. Additionally, some letters are changed completely for various reasons), let alone the letter-squares. Anyone could recognize the dalrunes and use Google to read them, but I only use it for special names or for emphasis, so a wannabe interpreter really wouldn't get much.
>>
>>7684537
Anyone? Don't mean to be a nag desu.
>>
File: 1455083542436.gif (1 MB, 680x551) Image search: [Google]
1455083542436.gif
1 MB, 680x551
Im probably the worst writier ever. Fyi. My friend did some of the stuff. Just want an overall critique and yea go ahead be rough. I want you to make me cry. Its thd only way i will get better. My stories are the wierd short stories mostly wierd af. Also some poems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019YG5QHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455166597&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=paradigm+for+the+abyssal+mind
>>
>>7684656
Dammit. Wrong thread. Ughhhhhh
>>
>>7684637
Show a pic of your alphabet
>>
>>7684537
>Anyone know any good Audio CD's
Michel Thomas.
>>
>>7684597
Joder cabrón que te pasa con España?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7684708
>>
>>7684742
This was written pretty simply, so it might be easy to understand.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 550x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 550x355
>>7684742
Now try it with a fountain pen.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.