[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good edition/translation of The Three Muskeeters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: the-three-musketeers-1948.png (1 MB, 1135x837) Image search: [Google]
the-three-musketeers-1948.png
1 MB, 1135x837
What's a good edition/translation of The Three Muskeeters? I cant find a general consensus on what a good english translation might be, and I only ever see shitty editions with a dozen different translators.

>muh translation
>>
>>7683563
learn spanish, amigo
>>
>>7683586
Teach me it
>>
>>7683586
It might be useful. But not to read a book written in French
>>
I read the penguin edition when the movie cover was on clearance, don't know translator but I was reasonably happy with the translation.

More importantly though, if you haven't read Monte Cristo forget Musketeers and read that, Robin Buss is best English translation there.
>>
Watch the oldish Sybil Danning movie, most of the actresses have fantastic bodies of work.
>>
>>7683586
retard
>>
>>7683563
You don't read that lying piece of shit

>The Three Musketeers
>there are four of them
>they use swords, not muskets
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.