[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonn bronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1307922622001.jpg (39 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1307922622001.jpg
39 KB, 600x772
(Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!)
>>
That's what God said when he kicked out Adam and Eve. No joke.
>>
>>7683542
I watched a video about this phrase. Apparently it's an amalgamation of the word "thunder" in multiple languages.
>>
>>7683599
>>7683777
Also a reference to the fall of the tower of babel as a metaphor for Tim Finnegan's fall from the ladder and a number of other things.
>>
>>7683810
>Also a reference to the fall of the tower of babel
Which also exemplifies the "confusion of tongues" Finnegans Wake is written as.
>>
>>7683821
And, fitting with the non-linear plot, and the them of the rise and fall of man, happens right before a section where HCE is building up Dublin
(As far as I remember)
>>
brilliant thread
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.