[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys plot/plan out your stories or novel ideas? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1454693470246.jpg (62 KB, 590x338) Image search: [Google]
1454693470246.jpg
62 KB, 590x338
How do you guys plot/plan out your stories or novel ideas?
I don't really do much myself. I try to keep most of it in my head until I write it out.
>>
i like to write out a narrative plot. it helps me remember things, find holes and questions, develop characters and motivations, etc. but it's always very loose and if i come up with something better along the way i go with that instead of sticking rigidly to my original plan.
>>
>>7683114
i think up a set-up, try to imagine how it would come to a problem, then try to solve that problem in terms of the characters and their situation. preferably in a way the reader might not immediately think of.

then i get really stoned and forget all that shit and just type anything that comes into my head. might explain why i have so much trouble getting published.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.