[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/'s opinion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: OneFlewOverTheCuckoosNest.jpg (35 KB, 322x450) Image search: [Google]
OneFlewOverTheCuckoosNest.jpg
35 KB, 322x450
/lit/'s opinion?
>>
great book. better than the old movie. I like the premise a lot...and was well executed under the guise of the asylum. also I LOVE that the narrator is uniquely reliable despite his problems. one of the essentials for high school/college...or anyone who hasn't read it I guess.

fuck nurse ratched. fuck the establishment.
>>
>>7682811
unbearably american

still decent though.
>>
>>7682826
fuck the Combine :)
>>
is it possible to be anti-psychiatry nowadays without seeming to be as retarded as anti-vaxxers and co?
>>
8/10 would read again
>>
Opinions on the chief?
>>
>>7682842
Take a wild stab in the dark.
>>
>>7682842
No, it's way different. You vax cause you know perfectly how to prevent/cure the disease in question or you can predict the results accurately. In psychiatry you deal with people's mind which is not as predictable and curable.
>>
>>7682860
he's a big guy
>>
>>7682860
see >>7682826

he was definitely a unique narrator/perspective.
>>
>>7682914
And that's why the book is better than the movie.
>>
>>7682811
Literally one of the finest books I've ever read. I suppose the fact that I live around the area that the book takes place in might have something to do with it. I've never read another book where the imagery was conveyed so well and so vividly.

Sitting there reading about their meetings n' shit I actually could SEE it happening, like I was there with them.

I knew my hometown of Pendleton was a shithole, but I had no idea they had a work farm here.
>>
>>7683086
Also, I've never seen the movie. After sitting through the first half hour of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" in decided not to watch movies based on books I like anymore. Everyone I talk to seem to think that movie was fantastic but I thought Depp's performance was cringy and hamfisted as fuck.

Also made the mistake of watching "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" before I finished the book. That movie so fucking godawful it ruined the book for me.
>>
>>7682860
I wanted to give him a hug.
>>
>>7683102
Nicholson does a really good job in Cuckoo's Nest. It's definitely just an all around better movie than the two you listed so it's worth a shot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.