[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Thug Notes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: images (7).jpg (19 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
19 KB, 512x288
What does /lit/ think of Thug Notes?
>>
literally for retards.
>>
Was never a fan of that part of the channel. When it started out I liked their film analyses, etc. But over time they've become more and more "clickbatey" which turned me off.

THE HIDDEN MEANING BEHIND....

Fuck off.
>>
>>7682727
I mean if you literally have no understanding of a book then it's useful... but you could always just try paying attention in your English class.
>>
garbage for retards i.e. white people
>>
I'm pretty sure he just plagiarizes CliffsNotes articles and ads ebonics to it.
>>
>>7682727

its fine and entertaining. kids on /lit/ really are triggered by anything
>>
>>7682727
Lame cover for commie indoctrination.
>>
>>7682727
DUDE URBAN POVERTY LMAO
>>
i like em, but im stupid,
>>
it's like there's an anxiety about being seen as not intelligent causing people to mass consume trivia about topics they have no real interest in and a bunch of youtube channels like in a nutshell, crash course, wisecrack etc have come to fill in the void

there was a video about the history of japan released a few days ago that is so entry level there's no way an earnest interest in japanese history could be motivating people to watch it, they watch it so they don't "fall behind"
>>
>>7683007
This.
>>
It gets old pretty quickly I found but its fun at first
>>
it's sparknotes for people too lazy to read sparknotes dressed up in a TRENDY FUNNY pop culture wrapper

i first heard of it on /lit/ and expected some classic ebaumsworld type of thing where NiggaMcDingdong was gonna be swearing about stupid fucking honkeys in the great cucksby or something but it's even worse, it's old out of touch men who think it's funny to wear rapper clothes

absolutely the worst

sparknotes are shit in general tho
>>
>>7682882
why do you feel the need to bring race into it?
>>
>>7683313
because it's relevant to this thread (full of retarded white people) and thug notes (loved by retarded white people)
>>
>>7683328
race is never relevant, there's absolutely no excuse to be racist even if it's against white people (this is called reverse racism, look it up)
>>
>>7683328
*smirks*
I'm superior to you, just letting you know.
*rides off on horseback*
>>
>>7682727
I think it's sad that something so all encompassing and society-transcending as literature has to be conveyed through socially accepted memes and clowning. If it gets people into literature, or if it entertains people, that's nice, but good literature isn't deserving of this, I think. If you want ''thug notes'' just get an actual ex-convict who read books to explain why he likes them. Mike Tyson sounds like a good candidate, actually. I'd love to hear him expound on literature some more.
>>
>>7683332
It's actually just called racism, my jokesy nig nagger
>>
good for high schoolers too lazy to read the books assigned. not good for people trying to understand a book.
>>
>>7683352
>some more
This sounds familiar, what are you referencing?
>>
>>7683414
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing-mike-tysons-transformation-through-literature-can-20-months-in-prison-change-a-man-the-1393601.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-24953538

Just top results from googling Mike Tyson literature, I forgot which article I fully read once, but it was really good. Talking about Alexander and other great men conquering the world just to get away from their mothers, etc.
>>
>>7683332
>reverse racism

No. This is when some assumes they will like someone based on race.

ex: "Hey let's be friends since we're both white."

Saying something like, "I hate all white people," is just regular racism.
>>
>>7683336
AHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>7683760
*lowers sunglasses*
Sarcastic laughter? Not a great comeback. Unless you're in middle school or something
*raises sunglasses*
*tweets ten laughing emojis in a row*
*gently fondles own butthole while staring into a mirror*
>>
>I can't enjoy something simpletons enjoy

It's pretty good fun. Just don't be autistic and expect the best analysis of literary works.
>>
>>7682727
Dumb, but very entertaining
>>
File: western culture.jpg (509 KB, 740x2996) Image search: [Google]
western culture.jpg
509 KB, 740x2996
>>7682882
>>7683328
>brown people and their delicious inferiority complexes

Never gets old
>>
>>7683809
>>>/pol/
western culture is memes and imperialism
>>
>>7682727
don't give much attention, but take a look
>>
>>7682727

It's fun.

Not very high brow, obviously, but it doesn't pretend to be. It knows what it is and does it best to work within that framework, rather than try and get above it.

One thing that I like is that Thug Notes rarely tries to "answer" the questions that the book poses, it simply dumbs the questions and themes down so the average viewer can understand them.

Thug Notes never says "This work is saying....", rather only "This work could be/seems to be/can be argued to be saying..." and I appreciate that.

And it's obviously not trying to "replace" reading literature, it's trying to increase it by getting kids interested in books that they might not otherwise read.

So, all in all, it's funny at best and harmless at worse. Nothing to get upset over.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.