[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished Our Friends from Frolix 8, and before that finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 139521.jpg (103 KB, 600x979) Image search: [Google]
139521.jpg
103 KB, 600x979
I just finished Our Friends from Frolix 8, and before that finished Ubik. I thought they were great.

What are your favourite books of his?
>>
i find that either i love the books as i read them, then tend to forget them afterwards, or i find them hard work and something of a slog, but keep thinking about them later and they grow in my mind
ubik is in the first category, the most purely fun and well constructed tale, but afterwards that was it. but i think my favourite is VALIS, even though i nearly gave up at one point, because it really stayed with me and i think it's such a sincere, original, mind-blowing work.
>>
>>7682052
I'll be sure to read VALIS next then. I haven't read Man in the High Castle, so I wanna read that one too.
>>
>>7682060
the thing about VALIS is, the more of his other works you've read, the better it is. i'd save it for later
>>
>>7682064
listen to him, he's right
>>
>>7682125
Ok.
>>
>>7682037
Finished Ubik last night. It was great. He always gives me the chills.
Already read Do Androids and The Three Stigmata, loved both but I think Ubik is my favorite by far. It was very vivid and colorful, in characters, ideas, scenes. Also, the chapter in Joe's conapt where make reference to Plato, Tibetan Book of the Dead and Winnie the Pooh was beautiful.
Now I want to read other authors and books on my list and when I come back to PKD I'll probably read The Man in the High Castle and then the Valis trilogy.
>>
>>7682193
You'll probably like Our Friends from Frolix 8; the ending is gut wrenching.
>>
Game Players of Titan is my favorite.

A Scanner Darkly is his most personal and affecting, so is his best in that way.

Man in the High Castle is his best story-wise.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.