[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on Clarice Lispector's work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: clarice.jpg (352 KB, 650x1015) Image search: [Google]
clarice.jpg
352 KB, 650x1015
Any thoughts on Clarice Lispector's work?
>>
I've only read a couple short stories by her so I'm not one to judge.
>>
>>7681387
It sounds interesting but I never even heard of her until a few days ago, so I haven't read any of it yet.
>>
When would anyone arrange their books that way
>>
Started reading one of her books and quite liked it, but it was also really hard to read. Maybe not Ulysses-tier, but definitely "The Death of Virgil"-tier. That’s why I still haven’t gotten around to finishing it. I really should, though.
>>
she's shit. i don't usually tow this party line but she is really only known because she's a girl and brazilian that happened to write well.
>>
>>7681542
>that happened to write well
Isn't this the only part that matters? Or are you so /r9k/ that you break out in hives whenever a woman is so much as mentioned?
>>
She was hot
>>
>>7681387
my waifu
>>
File: 1441433112780.jpg (75 KB, 550x731) Image search: [Google]
1441433112780.jpg
75 KB, 550x731
I've read most of her works, and I can say for sure that she has come close to mastering the Portuguese language, in this regard surpassing even legendary writers such as Machado de Assis.

However, it's a fact that Machado de Assis is way superior to her as a writer; in fact, so are most Brazilian writers. And the reason for that is that Machado de Assis is a master of fiction, while she is not. She's a mediocre fiction writer: her works lack substance, and are not pleasurable to read at all, and she never came close to writing something as sublime as O Cortiço or Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas.
People may be led to believe that there must be something behind the near-perfect prose of Hour of the Star, but unfortunately there isn't, and she doesn't deserve nowhere near the praise she gets.
>>
ROASTIES GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEE
BABBY WAMT TENDIES REEEEEE
>>
I asked this before but what are her influences, specifically the "jewish mysticism" ones. I don't see Kafka or Joyce in her and the biography makes out Spinoza as one.
But I love Passion and Agua. Both are two sides of the same spiritual story. I need to read the other two to complete that picture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.