[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wash hands to keep books from getting dirty >saturated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: hell.jpg (155 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
155 KB, 854x859
>wash hands to keep books from getting dirty
>saturated fingertips warp pages
>>
>Read in the shallow end of the pool
>know the dangers but so cool and nice, and im tall enough that I can kneel on the bottom whilst doing this
>Sometimes on concrete sometimes just crabwalking around
>Never drop any of my books
>first library book I do this with, it just slips through my fingers
>>
>glance at the bottom of a page, spoiling myself in advance
>>
File: 1397534288398.jpg (53 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1397534288398.jpg
53 KB, 256x256
>sneeze
>little droplets land in the book
>>
>>7680762
I always flip to the last page of books when I'm first starting. I tell myself it's just to see how many pages there are, but I always read the last few words or sentence.
>>
>>7680762
oh god I do this all the time and i fucking hate myself for it
>>
>look at the % done on kindle
>every single page
>>
>>7680743
maybe i'm just naturally dirty but even though i wash my hands before reading, the tops and bottoms of the pages look like they brown a little bit.
>>
>>7680801
thats just from the oils on your fingers. i hate it but i cant keep it from happening
>>
File: 1454992700126.jpg (442 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1454992700126.jpg
442 KB, 2400x2400
>drop book in snow
>have to carefully blow it all away without heating it up melting the snow
>>
>>7680801
I used to be able to tell how far along in a book I was cause the parts I had read were darker, but it seems to have stopped lately
>>
>>7680789
I do this
>>
>>7680743
Why don't you dry your hands you off you stupid fucking mongoloid. How the fuck am I supposed to relate to your stupid ass if you can't even think to dry your wet dripping hands before touching the pages of a book you fucking retard.
>>
>>7680991
I do thoroughly dry them off, but it's like they stay wet enough to fuck up the paper for a long time after I wash them
>>
File: tmp_15284-jBZS0WS338474202.jpg (53 KB, 600x542) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15284-jBZS0WS338474202.jpg
53 KB, 600x542
>>7680992
Then don't wash your hands?
>>
>>7681001
But then my books will get dirty. nigga I don't think you understand
>>
>>7681003
What third world shithole do you live in that requires you too wash caked on dirt and dung off your oily hands just to pick up a book without tainting the creamy white of its pages senpai.
>>
>>7681017
My home
>>
>>7680743
I always tend to get my books pretty dirty, just finished "Why We Lost" and there are fingerprints, smudges and even a fucking grease stain on the cover. I don't give a shit. At least anyone who looks at my book collection will be able to tell that I've actually read them just by looking at them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.