[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books should i read if i wanted to explore my angst-filled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 20150404_162224-1.jpg (3 MB, 2682x1864) Image search: [Google]
20150404_162224-1.jpg
3 MB, 2682x1864
What books should i read if i wanted to explore my angst-filled childhood? I'm talking about feelings like not being good enough, feeling 'behind' in regards to girlfriends and such, feeling an overwhelming burden of responsibility from your parents and so forth.

Any other anons know what I'm talking about? I'm referring to the prepubescent age if you are in doubt.

> pic is my grandfather and my uncle
>>
Adventures of Huck Finn.
>>
>>7680441
Which country is that?
>>
>>7680441
Infinite Jest. I'm not even memeing.
>>
Just write it my man.
>>
>>7681622
I have considered it, might do but I don't have any writing experience really.
>>
>>7680441
where are you from?
>>
1. William Inge: My Son is a Splendid Driver

2. J.D. Salinger: Catcher in the Rye

3. Osamu Dazai: No Longer Human

4. Elliot Rodger: My Twisted World

5. Tobias Wolff: This Boy's Life

6. Stephen Chbosky: Perks of Being a Wallflower

7. Jeffrey Eugenides: The Virgin Suicides

8. Thomas Wolfe: Look Homeward, Angel

9. Bukowski: Ham On Rye (or the one about his childhood at least)
>>
>>7682006
Damn thanks man!
>>
>>7682021
No worries. How old are you and where do you live?

What is your life like now?
>>
>>7681993
>>7681615
Scandinavia
>>
>>7682024
I'm 19, live in scandinavia. I'm great, going to highschool and have a gf, whom I've been with for nearly two years now. Doing fine in school, so I can't say my life is all too interesting in a literary perspective. Only thing I have going for me on that note is all my moral, existential and self aware reflections.
>>
>>7682038
Knausgård
>>
>>7682048
Which novels? His autobiography?
>>
Go see a good psychanalyst, or at least face your parents, learn your way to move on or else it will only grow on you unconsciously and fuck you up in ways you literally cannot imagine. No book can give you what you want, because it's not in the realm of knowledge, of something someone can say to you, but about you being able to hear and deal with what you hear from yourself. You can relate to characters in books and things like that, but that's not going to solve your problem, it can even help you build up even stronger fantasies on what to do that could sabotage your way to do it. There is nothing for you to take anymore, you're not missing anything. It's about what you say, about what you do and about what you desire. I've been where you are 5 years ago and only analysis could help me unravel the ancient knots of that kind and help me move on with my life.
>>
>>7682184
Not OP but I know this feel. I'm still fucked up though, and always "decide" to act too late on shit that I should have acted on sooner rather than allow myself to be cucked by my tendencies and perspective.
>>
>>7680441
>inb4 catcher in the rye
kek
>>
Spring snow.
>>
>>7680441
anything about piagets teen years.
>>
>>7682184
Great advice. Seriously OP, listen to this guy.
>>
>>7682228

Are you blind?

I recommend Catcher in the Rye. It is extremely well written, tight and poignant.
>>
>>7680441
Dibs: The Search for Self, by Virigina Axline.
>>
>>7682044
Sounds like you're only missing one thing, Religion.
>>
I'm 30 and have quite an old dad. The older he gets the more I feel responsible for him and yet I still carry all the old feelings of inadeaquacy in other areas. He's never really pushed me or anything, but whenever he relays information I didn't know or does something that I cant, I hate myself.
>>
>>7682565
You hate yourself because your Dad can do things you can't? That's weird. There's no harm in asking him how to do something.
>>
>>7682184
Sounds like really solid advice actually. Also sounds like some expensive advice with the psychiatric, but I guess that would be priceless to get fixed.
>>
>>7682551
I can't be religious, I've studied it too much in school and I feel like I can see through what is essentially different flavours of dealing with the existential question
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.