[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shit /lit/ tricked you into reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 81a3oM3EcfL.jpg (452 KB, 1871x2560) Image search: [Google]
81a3oM3EcfL.jpg
452 KB, 1871x2560
pic related
>>
File: Hide_Thread.jpg (4 KB, 114x192) Image search: [Google]
Hide_Thread.jpg
4 KB, 114x192
>>7679918
>>
File: 1454940839409.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1454940839409.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>7679927
>>
>>7679918
Blood Meridian, Lolita, The Brothers Karamazov, The Crying of Lot 49, The Stranger, The Fault in our Stars, anything by Harold Bloom
>>
>>7679942
>The Fault in our Stars
kek
explain yourself
>>
>>7679946

It was one of the last books I bought cuz of /lit/. With all the previous books turning out to be meme shit, I thought that I was getting wise to /lit/'s scheme of saying a books great when it's really shit, and I just sort of assumed the opposite applies, that /lit/ would shit on a book when it's really great, so I assumed that The Fault in our Stars would be good but then it sucked.

I think I'm done with reading books now because I can't trust anyone anymore.
>>
>>7679958

how could you not have known?
>>
>>7679942
>The Fault in our Stars
I'm assuming you have no idea who John Green is. Otherwise there's no fucking way you were "tricked" into reading it.
>>
>>7679962
/lit/ calls almost everything pleb shit for teenagers. I didn't know if I was to trust them on TFioS.
>>
>>7679958
You sound like a dumb fuck.
>>
Typhoon by Conrad was not "comfy".
>>
>>7679958

>>7677492 best thread on /lit/ right now.
>>
>>7679918
Ningen shikaku aka no longer human
and
Kokoro

being handled as japanese classics.
I found them rather generic and uninteresting, especially compared to the /lit/ canon
I guess I am not the only one, haven't seen anyone writing that these are their favourite books...

/lit/ is overall quite ok
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.