[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey Anon, what's the book you're currently reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1453423763308.jpg (47 KB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
1453423763308.jpg
47 KB, 540x406
>Hey Anon, what's the book you're currently reading about?

How do you answer this when the book in question isn't genre fiction? Do you give an answer based on the themes or the events of the book?
>>
tell them to rephrase the question to your liking
>>
I just answer as honestly as I can without telling/spoiling the whole story like an autist.

A one sentence summary of the basic premise will do.
>>
>>7678140
>How do you answer this when the book in question isn't genre fiction?
I know, right? Like, how is it even possible for there to be summaries for a Gass book or Lolita? These fucking pop plebs got is so easy with their cliché plots and themes. Thank Bloom I'm not a pleb.
>>
>>7678140
I give them the basic premise of the plot. I like this because it generates more discussion, especially if the plot is absurd or fantatastic.
>What are you reading, anon?
>>The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
>What's that about?
>>Interestingly enough, the first sentence of the story neatly frames the plot; "One morning, as Gregor Samsa was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that in bed he had been changed into a monstrous verminous bug."
>How strange! Does he live alone? blahblahblah
>>blahblahblah

You need to not be autistic though.
>>
>>7678164
>You need to not be autistic though.
>need to not be
Your shitposting prose sucks senpai
>>
>>7678159
>summarizing Lolita for a normie

No thanks. My therapist asks me this question and that's ripe for misguided notes since she's pretty pleb with books
>>
>>7678140
Would it being or not being genre fiction really even influence this? Just a general plot idea works either way.

>>7678183
"This one dude wants to fuck his step-daughter."
>>
A brief history of my country and the cocaine induced anti-liberal ramblings of a slovene philosopher, hehe
>>
The book I'm currently reading about would imply that the book Im reading talks about yet another book which it itself is not.
Im not currently reading such a book, but if I were I would tell you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.