[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Awakening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So, when the fuck does the plot begin? Because so far from what I've read it's like small talk stretched through 40 chapters.
>>
>>7677622
it's not about the plot
It's a book of secondwave feminism and was part of the realist movement. It was meant to be a controversial, gender-role breaking book.
if you're reading for plot you're reading it wrong.
>>
>>7677622
>reading for plot
>>
>>7677649
Unfortunately I'm not reading it of my own accord.
>>
>>7677675
High school, huh? Yeah I read this in AP English too. It was alright.
>>
Novelists over the decades have managed convince themselves that they need not be bound dramatic structure.

So when you're reading one of these plodding tomes, know that they're playing their own game.
>>
>>7677622
>small talk stretched through 40 chapters
>female authors
Pick two
>>
>>7677675
I read it for an american lit 1820-1900 class at uni. It's not a bad book if you consider its contexts and the role it was meant to play. We had it paired up with a henry james novel and mcteague after
>>
>>7677622
Edna is almost like Lily Bart if Lily wasn't such a doormat.

Still feel bad for Lily tho =[
>>
This is the kind of book that the ">lmao reading for plot" fagets encourage
>>
>>7677649

>chopin
>second-wave feminism

how can people who read books be this stupid
>>
>>7677949
>reading for plot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.