[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you browsing 4chan instead of reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: acd.jpg (25 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
acd.jpg
25 KB, 600x402
Why are you browsing 4chan instead of reading?
>>
listening to my sweet lord by george harrison and every now and then watching wrestling YOU?
>>
I'm too tired to focus
>>
because i hate myself
>>
just finished moral virtue concluded and now i'm eating, going to go on to intellectual virtues when i finish listening to this shelleyan orphan song :)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NiTan6d4co
>>
>>7677328
Ayyyyyy. I'm only watching for Bryan's retirement. I stopped watching a little over a year ago.
>>
>>7677321
Because I'm fat.
>>
>>7677321
Because it's late and I need to relax after getting ass-raped by The Lime Twig.
>>
memes
>>
Because life is absurd and meaningless. Also, as Bertrand Russell stated, "the time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." But mostly because of the meaningless absurdity.
>>
>>7677391
>russell
>>
File: 1452192386123.png (1 MB, 1062x1186) Image search: [Google]
1452192386123.png
1 MB, 1062x1186
Cause I'm tired you flaming fuck.
>>
Because excuses
>>
>>7677405
This is the best refutation of Principia Mathematica I've ever seen.
>>
It's late, and my ability to focus goes down as the night progresses. It is also why I do not play games late at night.
>>
>>7677366
how is Lime Twig going to ass rape you lad
>>
Because I'm on the toilet and if I shoot blood out of my anus again tonight I'm going to the ER.
you could say I'm shitposting
>>
>>7677321
Why are you?

>>7677341
too real
>>
Because I didn't get much sleep last night and I don't want my tiredness to negatively affect my aesthetic experience while reading.
>>
because my gf is on the couch making a playlist for her dad and i want to read but only if I can have the couch to myself to sprawl out on
>>
>>7677934
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I can't decide what to read.
Iain banks, Vonnegut, Pern, Crime and Punishment, Moby Dick? I can't decide, so I don't read anything.
>>
File: 1436933564662.jpg (42 KB, 419x368) Image search: [Google]
1436933564662.jpg
42 KB, 419x368
>>7677321
I don't actually read, I just come here to judge other peoples shit taste.
>>
I just read 5 pages so I'm taking a break
>>
>>7678306
What are you reading, friend?
>>
>>7678315
The iliad
>>
>>7678317
How do you find it? I've not read it, although it is on the list, so what should I expect when I eventually come to it?
>>
>>7678317
Should I name my kid Hector or would normies scoff at this?
>>
>>7677934
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>7678323
Normies would simply think nothing of it.
>>
forgot kindle to work and I hate reading books from computer.
>>
>>7678323
Normies would think nothing of it.
>>
>>7678323
They'd think it was a Simpsons reference desu.
>>
>>7678332
My phone is the biggest piece of shit, I thought my original didn't post.
>>
>>7678322
I really like it. I'm starting to appreciate the poetic structure, and the thematic elements more now that I'm a couple hundred pages in. Fagles translation.
>>7678323
Name your kid Diomedes if you want to scare normies
>>
>>7678323
Actually, noone would think anything of it. I misread it and thought you said Homer. >>7678333
>>
>>7678375
you idiot senpai
>>
>>7678386
I skimmed right over it. : /
>>
>>7677328
hare krishna
>>
>>7677328
I remember one day I ate an edible and listened to this song 80+ times in a row. Really cool experience.
>>
4chan is a godless hovel designed to evoke the sense that anything would be better than what we already have. In this fashion it engenders creativity. Since I'm already writing total trash, I figured I would contribute to the general atmosphere of sludge and discontent.
>>
>>7678577
On an extended note.
Since everyone on 4chan participates in worthlessness I don't need to worry about the fact that I literally waste everyones time who reads what I write. Hence I feel free to say anything I want to say and do anything I want to do since we number among those who's time we cannot waste. Truly. I admire the phenomena.
>>
File: DSC_0178.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0178.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7678449
>>
Oh, but I am reading, my jolly little amphibian.
>>
>>7678155
C & P
>>
>>7678582
this

also 4chan is nice because the anonymity makes it a lighter cognitive load vs most websites - i don't have to remember a list of personalities and names and shit in order to follow what's going on. This is nice, i have enough people to keep track of in real life.
>>
4chan is reading, and I think the mass absorption of 4chan opinions and content can be just as psychologically challenging and enriching as reading multiple books
>>
>>7677321
I genuinely hate reading
>>
>>7678730
Agreed haaard Teebehaa Brotha
>>
>>7678736
Me 3 ahhag
>>
>>7677321

I would read books more often if tehre was some sort of program to turn books into 4chan posts. I would be reading almost all day if I could read books as 4chan posts.
>>
>>7677321
Because I'm taking a crap at work and don't really have time for in-depth reading.

I am a literal shitposter
>>
nobody on /lit/ reads anon
>>
>>7678730
>telling this to yourself

For every insightful moment on 4chan there are 10000000 memes. This is ultimately a waste of time
>>
>>7678798
>>7678798
>>7678798
>>
>>7678818
For real, don't delude yourself, read a book.

The only relevance 4chan has is in a fashionable sense (knowing what's in, what can be made fun of to seem patrician and being able to drop dank memes).
>>
>>7677321

Too tired after a 10-hour workday, t b h f am

Wagecucking is soulsucking.

I made 300€
>>
I use /lit/ for down time. Sometimes there is a good thread or two, but it's mostly a waste of time after you have gleaned from it all necessary information. Just like other boards. /fit/ is only good till you become an intermediate lifter. They don't really talk about anything other than memes and barbell programming. Same with /pol/... it's good to expose you to current events and some political thought, but I think for the most part, if you're smart, you end up here or at /his/ to actually learn anything of value.

/lit/ is the true exit board
>>
because i'm drunk
>>
im moving into a new house, my books are in a box right now, cant do it
>>
>>7677321
I should be asleep. Plus I just jerked off.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.