[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have many people on /lit/ read pic related? I know, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni.jpg (28 KB, 240x339) Image search: [Google]
Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni.jpg
28 KB, 240x339
Have many people on /lit/ read pic related? I know, it's not an actual book, but I'm curious what you guys think about it since it seems more on the /lit/-end of weebshit, with the way it handled all those Divine Comedy references and the entire meta-aspect of the narrative.
>>
>>7677063
>with the way it handled
You mean poorly? Because it was a fucking mess.
>>
>>7677069
I disagree. I thought the story was paced horribly, and Ryukishi could really use a lesson on pacing, but the way the levels of the metanarrative worked were incredibly interesting, and it's what gave the story a huge re-readability factor, disregarding the length.
>>
>>7677063
Read episodes I and II. Never read the others because I didn't have the time. I liked it, but I didn't get to read the best parts yet. I watched the anime and the last arc adapted seems interesting, although the adaptation doesn't seem to be very good.

The whole premise of the island looks taken from Agatha Christie Ten Little Niggers, plus the occultism and the time loops that were seen before in Higurashi, all of that makes an interesting mixture and promises the possibility of a good story, I don't know if it achieves that because as I said, I haven't finished it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.