[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roleplaying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bloch_feudal1[1].jpg (38 KB, 259x400) Image search: [Google]
bloch_feudal1[1].jpg
38 KB, 259x400
Do you roleplay the books you read?

I read mostly non fiction but as example:

Two years ago I read feudal society (really good book) and loved so much that I tried to recreate the medieval times. We don't have reenacting fairs where I live so I stayed as much as possible inside home, changed the bulbs to get as close as possible to candle illumination, started working in my garden, baking bread and praying/ reading the bible.
Now that I finished the richest man in babylon I plan baking honey cakes, saving all my money, eating like a slave and following the finance advices as well.

Of course it is not perfect but at least it is fun and a cheap way to pass the time.
>>
>>7672941
You sound like you have autism OP, but also like you are pretty cool.
Myself i had try to live like in a cyberpunk future, inhaling the smoke directly from cars and decorating my room with a lot of black cables and fans.
>>
>>7672941
i have part ii of this book at home, planning on reading it some time
>>
Love LARPing to be honest family.
>>
>>7672941
Whenever I read any systematic ethical philosophy, I try it out for a short period of time. It is more like an experiment than any real devotion to ethical writings, because I am at my heart an Epicurean, but ethical lifestyles can be as enjoyable as any other pleasure just as long as there's a variety.

I've found that, generally speaking, I've been the most happiest adhering to Aristotle's virtue ethics, and the least following Kant's categorical imperative. Nietzsche was not nearly as life affirming as I thought he would be, I actually found Plato to be more energizing, but that's probably from the excitement of beginning my initial readings into philosophy. Reading Hegel probably was the most unattached I had ever felt, which sounds pretentious but I disassociate a lot so I mean it in a more psychological sense than pseudo-spiritual.
>>
I tried living like an ancient greek for a while but I got sick of all the olive oil and flatbread and it turns out that if that's all you eat it's really really easy to get drunk on the wine they had instead of water so I was constantly drunk and hungover.
>>
>>7673098
Can you roleplay as a peasant or a steward? All I see is pictures of battles.
>>
>tfw writing my MA thesis on this book
>>
File: 1454048148202.jpg (66 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1454048148202.jpg
66 KB, 576x507
>>7673131
>>
>>7673139
No reason why you couldn't as far as I see it.
>>7673177
Do tell us more kind sir.
>>
Whenever I read Conan it encourages me to get swole, consume a ton of meat and liquor, and find a lithe damsel to pound.

Shame I'm a fat neckbeard, but at least the meat and liquor part is obtainable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.