[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit think of Norman Mailer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: naked-and-the-dead-pic-3.jpg (55 KB, 296x496) Image search: [Google]
naked-and-the-dead-pic-3.jpg
55 KB, 296x496
What does /lit think of Norman Mailer?
>>
I was always confused about Mailer's scant recognition here. Posted far less than Updike or even Roth.
You'd think someone like Mailer would interest /lit/ greatly. Executioner's Song accords with the standards of their meme trilogies, but, I've never even seen it suggested.
>>
File: long-goodbye.jpg (28 KB, 503x344) Image search: [Google]
long-goodbye.jpg
28 KB, 503x344
Mailer is God. If it weren't for him I would have a much lower passion for lit in general. Probably wouldn't bother with posting on this board.

Not enough/hardly any mention on /lit/? Okay by me. You tards ruin everything.
>>
Never read him but I enjoyed the middle portion of River of Fundament.
>>
>>7672218
enjoyed
Harlot's Ghost
The Naked and the Dead
The Executioner's Song
The Fight

Enjoyed it parts while other parts were tedious
Advertisements for Myself

Tedium
The Armies of the Night
Why Are We In Vietnam?

Ancient Evenings
>>
>>7672729
fucked that up
Ancient Evenings was supposed to go under enjoyed in part while other parts were tedious
>>
>>7672218
His career was downhill from that book
>>
>>7672670
fucking hipster bullshit
>>
>>7672729
Why did you dislike WAWIV? I thought it a nice homage to his hero Burroughs and a short read.

I recommend An American Dream also. Good book.
>>
>>7672218
I liked The Deer Park, but gave up on Barbary Shore. Need to read more by him.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.