[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proposition: From now on, the word "meme" will be used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1454520410826.png (487 KB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
1454520410826.png
487 KB, 850x480
Proposition: From now on, the word "meme" will be used as a term referring to "templates" and "vaguely defined memetic structures". Examples: Pepe, Bane, DFW...

A new term "mememe" however, will be used to refer to definite subunits of memes, which are not only structures, but can be objectively expressed visually, linguistically, aurally etc. The term's designed to resemble words like "morpheme" and "semanteme", but have a meme-like twist, consisting of a three-fold reiteration of a silly syllable. Examples for mememes: Pic related, "You're a big guy"...
>>
>threefold repetition

Bait
>>
>>7669306
Bait? What do you mean? It's not even a provocative post. I'm seriously suggesting that we take this stand, and make our contribution to the growing field of memetics and semantics with our wicked sense of humour included.
>>
File: ibrahimçiçek.jpg (16 KB, 368x560) Image search: [Google]
ibrahimçiçek.jpg
16 KB, 368x560
Well, I knew academia wouldn't seriously consider my metamodernist approach, but I wasn't expecting this nonchalant and pretentious demeanor from you. I am deeply disappointed.

I attach a picture of Zizek to beguile you into thinking.
>>
>>7669315
Meme is pronounced "meem"
>>
>>7669357
Oh, you mean that. Well, while vocalizing surely "mememe" would turn out as "meemeem". Sorry, I'm used to speak Turkish in which "syllables" are written functions more than vocal functions, because of the relatively developed phonemic orthography of the modern Turkish language. I made a terminological mistake, apparently.
>>
>>7669357
Or Meh-mee, you fucking Americlaps thinking how you pronounce a word is how it would be used.
>>
>>7670548
Still, you're focusing too much on the insignificant matters... Why can't we discuss this new categorization and what I could bring to memetics?
>>
>>7669299

Could someone please explain to me why pepe is so interested in urine and feces?

And why is Wojak always so disturbingly angry at him? Is Wojak his care giver or something? You think he'd be used to it by now.
>>
File: 1454795633183.png (701 KB, 2000x1618) Image search: [Google]
1454795633183.png
701 KB, 2000x1618
>>7670625
Because 'poo poo' sounds like Pepe.

Wojak is angry because despite being best friends, the shadow reflection of Pepe's personality makes him sometime perform awful things to Wojak.
>>
>>7670658
its pronounced "pep"
>>
>>7670694
Not necessarily.
>>
File: images (17).jpg (8 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
8 KB, 198x255
>>7670625
it was originally a change to prevent other may may distribution channels from stealing pepes and giving them away for free, crashing the pepe economy.
it was really getting out of hand. people were identifying with pepe who really had no business at all knowing about him. so I'd reflexively chant other memes at them like a masonic handshake to see if they were one of us. which led to me asking how new they were, only to be met with hysterical confusion.
>>
File: batman-i-am-batman-730991.jpg (54 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
batman-i-am-batman-730991.jpg
54 KB, 331x500
>>7669299
holy shit you are a faggot. why not just use english properly and say that meme refers to the class while mememe refers to an object.
>tfw "me" is now the superclass
>I am batman
>>
>>7670694
actually, its "peep"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.