[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are you trying to communicate through your writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1441671559513.jpg (139 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1441671559513.jpg
139 KB, 1280x853
what are you trying to communicate through your writing
>>
tfw no qt like girl in op's pic.
>>
>>7667910
That jet fuel can't melt dank memes. I've already self-published several books on the topic.
>>
Who is this demon of the semen?
>>
I figured I would write about how lonely I am
>>
>>7667910
That I'm an emotional robot.
>>
File: 1432316074053.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1432316074053.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
Is it bad that I don't try to think of communicating messages and just want to tell a good story?
>>
>>7668139
>story

What is this, the middle ages? Get with the times gramps.
>>
>>7668139
Oftentimes, that's actually better. Sometimes you find a message to communicate when you're writing the story.

I have the opposite problem, though. I tend to get so focused on my story's messages that I tend to disregard the plot in exchange for symbolism and themes, which tends to ruin the flow of my story and turn it into something that's hardly readable.
>>
File: timestamp.png (6 KB, 460x291) Image search: [Google]
timestamp.png
6 KB, 460x291
greater than sign that feeling when you are the only person on this fucking board who is interested in reading but couldn't get less of a fuck about writing STOP
>>
>>7668365
I tend to start by forming a general outline of what it's going to mean and what's going to happen in it, then writing the ending and gradually filling the rest in.
>>
love and sadness
>>
You tell me.

http://pastebin.com/GLG8sqHP
>>
My obsession with household objects and the stuff I mumble in public.
>>
>>7669115
>stuff i mumble in public
This, I only keep a journal of short phrases that stick with me when i am out and about (around other human beings). This was today's:
>2:23 PM Feb 6th 2016: I am too much myself
most of the time it's nonsensical shit.
>>
>>7667910
tfw everyone thinks i'm super smart and bare
gal dem wanna link me
>>
File: 1448966448446.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1448966448446.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
how is she so cute bros
>>
>>7667910
I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.
>>
I just want people to read my stuff and have a good time.
>>
The taste of cum
>>
I want to communicate to my readers the sublime beauty of everyday banalities.
>>
>>7669377
Your arse is full of farts
>>
I want to communicate that I'm better than everyone else
>>
I just want someone to feel me.
>>
I just want to make someone cry.

...y'know, besides my parents.
>>
I just want to write something new and valuable. And I want to contribute to the mosaic of art that humanity has made.

tfw probably too dumb to make anything worthwhile or valuable
>>
>>7667910
trying to find words for things i cant communicate directly to other people
just trying to not kill myself
>>
>>7669658
Also this:
>>7669633

If I could write something as emotionally powerful as, say, Stoner, I'd die a happy man.
>>
i dont write for any community. i just try to explore new aspects of my personality, even if it means inventing my character, falsifying my journal and scribbling nonsense. basically i create an alternative, conceited version of my life so I can review it and pretend to be an interesting person
>>
>>7669671
I have thought about doing this.
>>
>>7667910
I wrote a scene where four characters were looking into a crystal clear well and touched the surface, making reflected patterns on the walls
>>
Who is this gal on lit who I'd like to get with?
>>
That communism is bad.
>>
Nothing
>>
Anything

Fuck my shit prose
>>
>>7671464
This

I want to at least get the basics. I can work on theme and messages after I can write a single fucking scene.
>>
>>7667910

I am the best flute player
>>
Hiding out is the least worst way to live.
>>
>>7668125
>>7671436
>being so far behind on memes that knowyourmeme.com can tell you about new memes

shaking my head to be honest family

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/katya-lischina
>>
>>7668139
Stories that lack any sort of deliberate theme are hardly ever good so yes
>>
The secret to happiness obv
>>
>>7667910
my asshole is on fire and i need girls' tongues to lick and extinguish it so i can shit out talented prose of majestic beauty.
>>
That we only do good to others when we don't have a choice.
>>
You have been called upon, to serve.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.