[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just wanted to update you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: lit2016.jpg (568 KB, 1200x1700) Image search: [Google]
lit2016.jpg
568 KB, 1200x1700
Just wanted to update you guys
>>
>>7667185
>no The Recognitions
>no Women and Men
>no The Tunnel
You fucked up, anon.
>>
>>7667185
gonna hazard a guess that the fault in our stars is only there because there are a lot of john green hate threads and we don't want to disparage authors we haven't read
I mean, we do, but it'd be retarded to do that
>>
>>7667192
Those are forced shit nobody here ever reads
>>
>>7667185
Anyone wants to talk about Hegel

Why is he there anon

What the actual fuck
>>
>>7667196
They may be forced, but they are neither shit nor completely unread. In fact, a sizable portion of /lit/ has read or is reading The Recognitions, which is better than everything in that image except for Ulysses and Finnegans Wake.
>>
>>7667198
We have Hegel threads like everyday man
>>
>>7667206
No, we don't. He's barely mentioned on this board, far less so than Nietzsche, Schopenhauer or even Kierkegaard. I'll give you that he's usually brought into discussion by people who have actually read him, which is a fairly rare thing on this board, but that by no means makes him apt to be on that chart, especially since he isn't a good starting point to anything - his own philosophy above all.
>>
>>7667221
You just don't understand man
>>
File: kdidaebi84409jp3.jpg (84 KB, 650x420) Image search: [Google]
kdidaebi84409jp3.jpg
84 KB, 650x420
>>7667240
Oh shit, my bad. Didn't realize we were shitposting.
>>
>>7667201
No
>>
>>7667196
>forced shit nobody here ever reads
>finnegans wake
>>
this is now a Hegel thread

do you guys think the internet is the true manifestation of Hegel's World Spirit?

if so I guess this means Hegel should have been far less optimistic than he was. I think in that regard Adorno was closer to reality with his critique in Negative Dialectics, but even Adorno, who's famous for being a general pessimist and Debby Downer, did not realize the true horror and abject depravity of self-becoming.
>>
>>7667287
It's okay, anon. You can just come out and say it: I haven't read any of these books; I talk about them, shit on them; but I haven't actually read them.
>>
>>7667185
McCarthy is an extremely common writer. He is one of millions and I can't see why anyone would recommend Blood Meridian except that two of his books got turned into very popular movies.
>>
File: 13342312.gif (621 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
13342312.gif
621 KB, 320x179
>>7667194
>being this new.
>not knowing /lit/ ironically hates on one of the best lit writers of the past 10 years.
>>
>>7667185
Hey, I own that copy of PoS
>>
The Tunnel
>>
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>7667744
Fellow Redditor and part-time imgurian chiming in! Hiya folks!
Oh, I know, I know, it looks like I found myself…deep inside enemy territory, but worry not, friends, for I have nothing but benign intentions. Despite my occasional lurk every now and then on this subchannel, I'd like to declare myself as a complete newbee, which would make me perfect for the role as an ambassador for my home sites. The fruits of time are more than ripe for such a person, as I believe in the greater good both of our communities can achieve. Even if it's just us bookworms on both forums. Especially we are inteligent kind of people, and our passion (gotta LOVE the smell of bookstores) should serve as the base to overcome all prejudices we have against each other. So, /lit/, are we beyond the point of pure hate? Can we work it out together? Could this be a new dawn for e-relations between Reddit and 4chan?
'tis my hearts biggest wish.

Thank you for your attention, fellow 4channers.
>>
>the fault in are shit
gonna die
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.