[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a week to write a short story for my literature course.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bolano2.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bolano2.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
I have a week to write a short story for my literature course.
Any ideas, /lit/?
>>
write about having to ask fat pseudo-intellectuals from a bengalese shari weaving forum for ideas
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/
>>
You should be bursting with ideas my dude. Cmon...
>>
Man uses STASIs extensive and detailed knowledge of his own life to reconstruct it to be the way it used to be before.
>>
>>7667081
I'm not. Why am I not?
>>
Is that John Lennon?
>>
>>7667096
You moron. He is chilean.

His name is Pablo Neruda
>>
>>7667057
Just rip off some YA fantasy garbage.
>>
>>7667057
A depressed college student hires an assassin on a Silk Road like site to murder himself because it's a more exciting way to die than suicide. He uses this as an opportunity to experience life in a new light but realizes his own fears and insecurities are so ingrained in him that he was happier in college. After failing to rediscover himself he returns to college and awaits his death. A school shooter interrupts the assassination and the main character walks away unharmed, returning to his miserable life.
>>
>>7667236
>guy who hires assassin tells him "you'll know who I am because I'm the most depressed guy in my class"
>assassin kills school shooter before he can shoot anyone
10/10
>>
If you're in this situation, just freestyle it. Make yourself a nice cup of tea, think of a good first sentence and see where it takes you from there.
>>
>>7667245
After the shooting he realizes it was assassin who thwarted the shooting. He comes away feeling smug, like a secret hero, like he personally saved everyone but he is their secret protector.
>>
>>7667057
I wrote some garbage while bored a while ago but its an interesting idea with fun true facts and its fantasy-like. You could polish it or re-write it for all I care for your course.
>>
>>7667290
it was funnier before you explained why
>>
>>7667364
It wasn't an explanation, I thought I would add more to it. Maybe you were one step ahead of me. Sorry senpai.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.