[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you read book forwards/afterwards and if so which ones do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 12243.png (1 MB, 769x615) Image search: [Google]
12243.png
1 MB, 769x615
do you read book forwards/afterwards and if so which ones do you enjoy? I like the ones with biographical information but I also enjoy critical reading ones
>>
>>7664754
I enjoyed Pinecone's foreword to Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me.
>>
>>7664754
I love Gass' introduction to The Recognitions.
>>
Dave Eggers's introduction to Infinite Jest is really good.
>>
Konstantin Mochulsky's for The Brothers Karamazov (Bantam, tr. MacAndrew)

>>7664764
Yup, Fake William Gaddis was an inspired choice for that book.
>>
The introduction to the Reader's Edition of Liber Novus was better than the book itself
>>
really liked ann charter's introduction to on the road
>>
Intros to most of Nabokov's work. They're always a fictional entity giving a forward to the narrator or main protagonist as if they were real too.
>>
What's the difference between foreword, preface, introduction, prologue
>>
>>7665437
A prologue is an actual part of the story. The rest are comments on the book either by the author or other people.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.