[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lit/ feel about Library of America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 9781883011031[1].jpg (18 KB, 210x331) Image search: [Google]
9781883011031[1].jpg
18 KB, 210x331
How does /lit/ feel about Library of America?
>>
they look like nice books, but i don't really go for american writing much so i don't have any copies.

was eyeing one of their wallace stevens collections though. everything i heard of LoA indicates it's a good choice as far as publishers go.
>>
Font is too fucking small and the pages are too thin
>>
>>7664445
font is fine, but i agree that the pages are too thin. if you can get a copy for cheap, go for it.
>>
Anyone have the Dick one? i really want it.
>>
>>7664422
about to have my first experience; just bought the Hammett book with all his novels. Got it for cheap at amazon
>>
>>7664422
The Flannery O'Connor one is great. Especially for the letters of hers it has. Plus, it doesn't look like utter garbage unlike the her other publishers.

I also have their Lafcadio Hearn which I'm not as happy with. No notes, and that collection could really use them.
>>
thin pages and small font are necessary for comprehensive compilations. I'm reading through James Baldwin's now and it isn't too compact to be distracting.
>>
>>7665105
Literally just got it m8. i haven't read it yet but I can tell you some stuff about it if you'd like
>>
WHACK EM
>>
>>7664422
I've been enjoying their books since the late 90s. The Bible thin pages don't bother me, but I can see where they would rub some people the wrong way. They've done a good job in the past few years of broadening their selection. It's always nice to see a few more writers from the hardboiled school join their ranks.
>>
>>7665731
Can you take o a photo? how is the paper and the overall quality?
>>
Can't fucking stand the thin pages and ostensibly hardcover yet still flimsy as fuck bindings.
>>
File: 30.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>>7665512
>Flannery O'Connor
>>
>>7664422
I got it with Whitman but was disappointed that there was no introduction one of the few times I actually wanted one.
>>
>>7665823
Sorry for the wait, and the unconventional scale device. The paper is pretty thin, but not quite bible thin. I think it's nice, worth the purchase.
>>
>>7665863
forgot pic
>>
>>7665863
>>7665867
thanks, m8 will check it out then.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.